Pay up and be exorcised!

Sorry, looks like you posted this as I was writing up my last post, that sort of answers my question. So what exactly are forge tongs? Would it be something literal or figurative?
No these. You need these to hold a flame over the flame, and to hold it against an anvil or rock, then pound the metal with a hammer or rock. You can improvise almost everything but the tongs.
399D0E82-D5C6-4385-8D93-AEECE6AA6913.jpeg

Reactions: Soul Edge
I’m trying to find a source for that story but can’t find it. It was one of those DidYouKnow? Picture posts. It said something under the lines of according to Jewish lore, God made forge tongs on the 8th day, as you need forge tongs to make forge tongs, something like that. That’s all I recall anyway.

Reactions: Paintman
That’s from the book of Enoch. Many regard it as legitimate, but it’s only regarded as Canon in a handful of churches. Either way I’d say it’s a good read if you were ever curious.
well going by ancient texts is what we do? What texts have you read?

well going by ancient texts is what we do? What texts have you read?
Book of Enoch, read half the emerald tablets, and im looking through the lesser key of Solomon right now. I’m all over the place.

why are these forbidden, if you happen to know?
I really dont know but it does explain a lot like when they accused people of being in league with the devil for alchemy. I guess they figured if they killed them off all the plagues would go away.

Reactions: Charleh
That’s from the book of Enoch. Many regard it as legitimate, but it’s only regarded as Canon in a handful of churches. Either way I’d say it’s a good read if you were ever curious.
It is discussed in the sanctioned bible: Rev. 12:9 when Satan the great dragon fell he took a third of the heavenly host with him.

According to the Bible fallen angels will be judged: 2nd Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness to be reserved for judgement.
We can see here that the belief of the angels falling and being judged is supported by the sanctioned bible.

Reactions: Charleh
Thanks for the clarification. It does make for an interesting read. Is there any clarification on why the different types of knowledge, particularly scientific are said to be forbidden?
This is just a guess on my part, but I would think it’s because it is with this knowledge that man began to sin against god. Making weapons led to war etc. but you are right there is a lot of unanswered questions we may never know in this life.

Reactions: Soul Edge
I'm gonna check that out tonight, I like the old books even if they may be edited wrong they are still interesting.

The book I have was revised by Aleister Crowley who made it a point to make sure most of the missing pieces are there. But it’s a book I suggest nobody dabbles with. I just read it and no further.

Reactions: Lynne