Patterns of 411 cases

For about 6 years, I was homeless ( not by choosing). I strayed off the normal paths and places as they were often filled with criminals and trouble. Focusing on the Military training my family taught me, I would camp in the woods away from trouble. Even spent time along the Appalachian trail. I would often come across clothes folded neatly in places I thought very odd, also unfolded clothes yet placed in a manner where you could tell the clothes were placed not tossed or thrown away. And always in places were people would not normally travel.

For about 6 years, I was homeless ( not by choosing). I strayed off the normal paths and places as they were often filled with criminals and trouble. Focusing on the Military training my family taught me, I would camp in the woods away from trouble. Even spent time along the Appalachian trail. I would often come across clothes folded neatly in places I thought very odd, also unfolded clothes yet placed in a manner where you could tell the clothes were placed not tossed or thrown away. And always in places were people would not normally travel.
The patterns that have been noted with the missing almost always includes the clothing issue. One has to wonder why.

Reactions: Walking Goose
During my travels, from a distance noticed evidence of person or persons living in woods so far out most ppl wouldn't go. I never stuck around, putting as much distance between me at those spots

Reactions: Debi
David has a lot of new videos about missing people. Here is his latest. Its called David Paulides Missing 411 on you tube. He isnt narating the stories. They are tragic and very frightening to listen to IMO but still people need to be aware of this I believe. I never let my little relatives out of my sight anymore since watching these. Especially at night or the in between times during the transition from day to night and the opposite. Thinking about all the time I spent in my youth carefree in the local National Park makes me thankful now I was always home by dark.

That is strange as I rarely fold my clothes anymore, yet alone while I am sleeping out which I dont do because of the millions of ticks in my area and the overabundance of poison Ivy taking over. Were the clothes in plastic bags to keep from getting wet? That would signify to me someone planning on coming back .

the folding of the clothes could simply be from delirium.... dehydration can make you do some strange things. there was a marine who got lost in the Mojave many years ago. the search party found first his equipment and arrows made from rocks, pointing the pathway he had taken.... later they found all of his clothing, neatly folded, this last find was within a hundred yards or so of his body...severe dehydration will alter your thought process and cause you to make decisions from habit, (such as folding clothes). and when lost and dehydrated for some reason it seems ppl want to shed their clothing, maybe in their minds it is to lessen the weight or because they are over heated, what ever the reason it seems it is one of the last things they do.

Reactions: Duke
the folding of the clothes could simply be from delirium.... dehydration can make you do some strange things. there was a marine who got lost in the Mojave many years ago. the search party found first his equipment and arrows made from rocks, pointing the pathway he had taken.... later they found all of his clothing, neatly folded, this last find was within a hundred yards or so of his body...severe dehydration will alter your thought process and cause you to make decisions from habit, (such as folding clothes). and when lost and dehydrated for some reason it seems ppl want to shed their clothing, maybe in their minds it is to lessen the weight or because they are over heated, what ever the reason it seems it is one of the last things they do.

Shucking one's clothing is another reaction that results from hypothermia, it's called paradoxical undressing. Hypothermic suffers in the wild also tend to "hide and die." These behavior patterns are well known in the SAR community.

Reactions: Paulm
Shucking one's clothing is another reaction that results from hypothermia, it's called paradoxical undressing. Hypothermic suffers in the wild also tend to "hide and die." These behavior patterns are well known in the SAR community.
yep...decision making is severely altered in stressful environments. ppl think they can handle more than they actually can. these environments can take more training and discipline than what most ppl are willing to commit to....not saying they are in bad shape or haven't done similar activities before, but every situation is different than the last. and if you don't train properly or acclimate first to the task, well, your asking for murphy to pop in unexpectedly..... most ppl don't realize that in a high temp, high humidity area, the humidity will actually keep you from sweating and the temperature will raise your core temp because you cant sweat and regulate body heat, causing a delirious state of mind.... training inside a gym does not prepare oneself for the actual experience you may face on the field. just as running 5 miles on a treadmill is not the same as hiking 5 miles over rough terrain. a 10 mile hike in the wilderness can go south very quickly if unprepared, most times it comes out O.K and ppl know next time to be better prepared.

Reactions: Duke