Patterns of 411 cases

yep...decision making is severely altered in stressful environments. ppl think they can handle more than they actually can. these environments can take more training and discipline than what most ppl are willing to commit to....not saying they are in bad shape or haven't done similar activities before, but every situation is different than the last. and if you don't train properly or acclimate first to the task, well, your asking for murphy to pop in unexpectedly..... most ppl don't realize that in a high temp, high humidity area, the humidity will actually keep you from sweating and the temperature will raise your core temp because you cant sweat and regulate body heat, causing a delirious state of mind.... training inside a gym does not prepare oneself for the actual experience you may face on the field. just as running 5 miles on a treadmill is not the same as hiking 5 miles over rough terrain. a 10 mile hike in the wilderness can go south very quickly if unprepared, most times it comes out O.K and ppl know next time to be better prepared.

Paulides is woefully uneducated in the basics of SAR and lost person behavior. He was laughed off the stage at the 2012 National Association of Search and Rescue conference. I had some colleagues, USAF PJs, who were there.

Reactions: Paulm
Paulides is woefully uneducated in the basics of SAR and lost person behavior. He was laughed off the stage at the 2012 National Association of Search and Rescue conference. I had some colleagues, USAF PJs, who were there.
seems in a lot of these fields, things that don't fit the agenda are forbidden to be brought up..(like facts, basics of sar, etc....lol).....lol.... im not very popular in the bigfoot community because of this, lol......your earlier post on hypothermia reminded me of a situation about 25 years ago I was in that really brought the severity and seriousness back to the front of my mind.... I was in a fastboat on a river somewhere doing waterborne drills. when it cam time to disembark the boat we all went overboard at 30 mph and came up to sound off. now the water was maybe 45 degrees... but I came up and couldn't think...lol... I mean, I really couldn't think... I could hear everyone sound off and knew I should give my call sign but just couldn't do it... then I realized I was treading water purely out of instinct and slowly my thought process returned. but for 5 minutes or so my mind was not registering anything...… extreme weather conditions are not to be taken lightly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke
That is strange as I rarely fold my clothes anymore, yet alone while I am sleeping out which I dont do because of the millions of ticks in my area and the overabundance of poison Ivy taking over. Were the clothes in plastic bags to keep from getting wet? That would signify to me someone planning on coming back .
nothing to indicate anyone was coming back, let alone been camping nearby

nothing to indicate anyone was coming back, let alone been camping nearby
that is so wierd, why would anything fold its clothes neatly in the middle of nowhere? I am not trying to be funny at all but Dogmen just came to mind, did you get a bad vibe while in some areas? I know there is one spot by my place that has an eery ? feel to it. There is a large rock standing in the middle of a set of wooded hills. I always find native artifacts there. Come to think of it just now I remembered something that happened to me at that same location. I found a totem stone that looked just like a bear. I am not lying, it was old as heck and sitting near that same rock. Ive found grinding tools there and a pestle also. I have a knack for finding artifacts, but getting back to that bear totem i found i was in my 30s many years ago and knew nothing about the paranormal. I just thought it was a cool stone. I started having bad luck and wierd dreams. I took it back and placed it where I found it. About a month later I was in the same location and noticed it was gone. Someone took it . They probably just put it in a drawer or something. It was really something. In my area the natives have been there for thousands of years and I think the culture that left those tools was maybe more than a few thousands years old some archeologist told me. I now never take anything I find. I leave it out of respect for the many souls who used to call this area home and maybe still do on another plane.

that is so wierd, why would anything fold its clothes neatly in the middle of nowhere? I am not trying to be funny at all but Dogmen just came to mind, did you get a bad vibe while in some areas? I know there is one spot by my place that has an eery ? feel to it. There is a large rock standing in the middle of a set of wooded hills. I always find native artifacts there. Come to think of it just now I remembered something that happened to me at that same location. I found a totem stone that looked just like a bear. I am not lying, it was old as heck and sitting near that same rock. Ive found grinding tools there and a pestle also. I have a knack for finding artifacts, but getting back to that bear totem i found i was in my 30s many years ago and knew nothing about the paranormal. I just thought it was a cool stone. I started having bad luck and wierd dreams. I took it back and placed it where I found it. About a month later I was in the same location and noticed it was gone. Someone took it . They probably just put it in a drawer or something. It was really something. In my area of Ohio the natives have been there for thousands of years and I think the culture that left those tools was maybe more than a few thousands years old some archeologist told me. I now never take anything I find. I leave it out of respect for the many souls who used to call this area home and maybe still do on another plane.
Most definitely weird and yes very creepy feeling. I didn't stick around.

David Paulides Missing 411. Latest post to you tube channel. Very disturbing to think you walk off down the trail and then you are gone. On a real note today I was in wal mart where the local missing persons pictures are up. I couldnt even look at that huge wall for long but I thought of this topic.

I am not trying to be funny at all but Dogmen just came to mind,

if you don't mind my asking, why dogmen? im being serious, cryptids are a big interest to me. Paulides started out in the Bigfoot field and has "hinted" in ways with the missing cases being Bigfoot related., but keeps it separated as much as possible, never really alluding one way or the other totally... ive followed the rise of the dogman phenomena over the past few years and like hearing others theories on the topic, that's why im asking.

Last edited:
if you don't mind my asking, why dogmen? im being serious, cryptids are a big interest to me. Paulides started out in the Bigfoot field and has "hinted" in ways with the missing cases being Bigfoot related., but keeps it separated as much as possible, never really alluding one way or the other totally... ive followed the rise of the dogman phenomena over the past few years and like hearing others theories on the topic, that's why im asking.
Hi Paulm
Honestly it just came to mind when I read the story about clothes being left neatly in the woods. I have been interested in Native religious interests since my early thirties. It isnt appropriate to even discuss them as they are real and not to be toyed with in my opinion. If you get a chill in the woods or feel someone is watching you you are probably right. Ive been able to tell when others are looking at me since I was little and can most times read a persons intentions just by looking at them, I think most of us have this ability but shut it down to be modern and pretend this kind of stuff doesnt really exist. I will say I knew a woman who had one run along next to her car in N Mexico in the early 2001 time period i think it was. If your body gets big you need new clothes. I guess you see what I am getting at.

Reactions: Paulm