Patreon Experiences

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experiences donating through Patreon? I have a couple podcasts I'd like to support, but the reviews I've read about Patreon are pretty grim.

Duke, I've used Patreon in the past to support Bob and had no problems with it at that time. But you might want to ask the podcasters here who use the platform. Or don't use it and their reasons why.

No problems at all using Patreon.
However I prefer to use my own Stripe account going forward if I decide to take donations in the future.

No problems at all using Patreon.
However I prefer to use my own Stripe account going forward if I decide to take donations in the future.

Yeah, I've not seen any negative reviews from those receiving money from the accounts they've set up to solicit donations. Quite the opposite from those using the site to make donations, especially more recently. I'm willing to support the few podcasts I listen to routinely, but based on what've read, Patreon is not a platform I'd consider using.

Top 77 Reviews about Patreon

Yeah, I've not seen any negative reviews from those receiving money from the accounts they've set up to solicit donations. Quite the opposite from those using the site to make donations, especially more recently. I'm willing to support the few podcasts I listen to routinely, but based on what've read, Patreon is not a platform I'd consider using.

Top 77 Reviews about Patreon
Wow! Those are some of the worst reviews I've read for anything out there!

Reactions: 7Critter
Does anyone have any experiences donating through Patreon? I have a couple podcasts I'd like to support, but the reviews I've read about Patreon are pretty grim.
I have used Patreon for two video podcasters without issue. I cancelled one 6 weeks ago with no problems.

Podcasters have a choice to charge patrons immediately.
That means you could be charged twice almost back to back.

If you sign up to support a podcaster the 28th you will be charged immediately and then again on the 1st. That might be one of the complaints.
They aren't all set up that way. But some are.

Podcasters have a choice to charge patrons immediately.
That means you could be charged twice almost back to back.

If you sign up to support a podcaster the 28th you will be charged immediately and then again on the 1st. That might be one of the complaints.
They aren't all set up that way. But some are.

One of many.

Duke, I've used Patreon in the past to support Bob and had no problems with it at that time. But you might want to ask the podcasters here who use the platform. Or don't use it and their reasons why.
I have had no issues with it.