Pasta!

I LOVE this post!
as italian, pasta is part of my culture. i love pasta sooo much.
In italy we have more than 500 type of pasta, and many sauces as well. And we are very sensible about it ahahah
My best one it will be always Pappardelle with Ragu' sauce and mozzarella, specially if bake in the oven!
I bet you ate well growing up Klawer.I remember an Italian mate bringing a smorgasbord in his lunchbox to school,while I nibbled on a vegemite sandwich lol,welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Klawer and Lynne
:( I cannot handle cooked cabbage. Raw is okay.
Sorry to hear that 7 cause I love these ethnic/regional specialties called “runzas”.

Description
A runza is a yeast dough bread pocket with a filling consisting of beef, cabbage or sauerkraut, onions, and seasonings.

My Sister used to make them for me when I was a kid. I didn’t find out they were a for realz food thing until I was 30 years old.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Sorry to hear that 7 cause I love these ethnic/regional specialties called “runzas”.

Description
A runza is a yeast dough bread pocket with a filling consisting of beef, cabbage or sauerkraut, onions, and seasonings.

My Sister used to make them for me when I was a kid. I didn’t find out they were a for realz food thing until I was 30 years old.
Is this similar to Pita bread?

Is this similar to Pita bread?
Oh I think I see where your pita question came from...the word “pocket” in the description I grabbed from the internet. No, runzas would be more like high quality Pillsbery pop up dough. Don’t know if you are familiar with the concept of a Northern European “pasty” or a tiny version of an Italian “calzone” or even Latin “empanadas”.

Oh I think I see where your pita question came from...the word “pocket” in the description I grabbed from the internet. No, runzas would me more like high quality Pillsbery pop up dough. Don’t know if you are familiar with the concept of a Northern European “pasty” or a tiny version of an Italian “calzone” or even Latin “empanadas”.
Oh yes. Michigan is famous for pasty’s

Oh yes. Michigan is famous for pasty’s
upload_2019-11-10_17-56-27.jpeg

Reactions: WitchAndShaman

There you go! Now think ground beef, onions, and cabbage baked in that crust. That’s a runza.
By the way, I’m a huge pasty fan from the mining towns of Northern California. Wish I’d have known about them as a Michigan delicacy when I was traveling more back 10 years ago.

Reactions: Lynne
There you go! Now think ground beef, onions, and cabbage baked in that crust. That’s a runza.
By the way, I’m a huge pasty fan from the mining towns of Northern California. Wish I’d have known about them as a Michigan delicacy when I was traveling more back 10 years ago.
It’s really the northern part that boasts them. I like them but haven’t had one in years.