Pasta!

Only one more and I’ll pop - I mean “stop” - favorite regional specialty in Cincinnati is “Skyline chili over spaghetti”.

Reactions: 7Critter and Duke
what is tuna not a red meat?
The hubs hates tuna sooo much he gags when i just buy the can. Don't have to even open it. Much less buy the actual filet! That would probably put him in bed for a week. Then, I married into a family who feels meat and potatoes at every meal is the only thing that makes it a meal. To this day he must have 3 items on his plate to define it as a meal. A casserole is counted as one item. So, I can add a salad, that's two. Then I have a standby can of pork and beans for him. It's almost too much trouble to make pasta around here. :rolleyes:

Only one more and I’ll pop - I mean “stop” - favorite regional specialty in Cincinnati is “Skyline chili over spaghetti”.

Skyline, an after drinking staple for those of us who went to the Univ of Cincinnati. There are a handful of other Cincinnati style chili parlors in the area, I particularly like Blue Ash Chili and Empress Chili. Sadly the Empress parlors are few and far between, just a couple left.

Skyline, an after drinking staple for those of us who went to the Univ of Cincinnati. There are a handful of other Cincinnati style chili parlors in the area, I particularly like Blue Ash Chili and Empress Chili. Sadly the Empress parlors are few and far between, just a couple left.
I used to work for a company in Dayton, and would do work in Cinn. every few years. I craved Skyline so much that I don’t think I ever tried any other restaurants’ style.

Reactions: 7Critter
I used to work for a company in Dayton, and would do work in Cinn. every few years. I craved Skyline so much that I don’t think I ever tried any other restaurants’ style.
You are singing my song. Every visit to Ohio includes a trip to Skyline or Gold Star. I believe that I have tried the others that Duke mentions. Carbs don't count for chili with spaghetti. :)

You are singing my song. Every visit to Ohio includes a trip to Skyline or Gold Star. I believe that I have tried the others that Duke mentions. Carbs don't count for chili with spaghetti. :)

Onions add negative calories. Uncertain what kidney beans add...wait...no, I do know...