Party all night...

Well... this was one time... We lived down in the Low County in South Carolina... I had two children under three (early twenties)... and God Above... a babysitter. We lived in a trailer park... big one... nice one I suppose... so.

Donna Riley... God Bless Her... Mixed up some "punch"... Everclear and whatever... and we started a firepit behind my trailer... thinking to ahhhhh... never could remember... but Something.

So. ONE glass of the Everclear punch... well... we'll talk about that another time. So, around the firepit.

Low and Behold... my sweet Sister... pulls out a fifth of Tequila. The only thing I remember we cooked THAT night... was my forehead (still have the scars). So. We spent that night til dawn... someone or thing ... drug me into my house and deposited me on my couch.

7:00 a.m. next morning (and yes, I am sure FOREVER embedded in my brain)... I get a banging on the door...

I had no phone you see... So anyway... BANG BANG BANG... WHAT!!! WHAT???

Hey! Donna! Your Mom's on the phone! WHAT? WHAT?

Now... hadn't talked to my Mom in... huh... maybe four years... Made no sense on a straight day... I had crossed the country AND the Pacific Ocean since our last conversation you See... but... BANG BANG BANG... She say's She's not going away til you talk to her...

MAN... was SICK... and... well... Everclear and Tequila... ya know. But crawl I did... I mean it was Mamma... don't friggin cross Mamma.

So. I took the phone eventually... and signaled to Donna R. PLEASE PLEASE give me something to drink (meaning water)... so she handed me a bottle... and I said...

Mamma?

And took a big slug. It was Gin. GIN. OMG

Would you like to know what Mamma had to say?

Okay.

She said... Donna... DON'T go to the desert. It's a false trail... It's evil incarnate. Okay. Ouch. What? WHAT? Everclear, Tequila, and OMG Gin... WHAT?

But... She was on it... That was 1973 (early) and there was a group of followers from across the country that were led by this man and woman who claimed to be from Venus or somewhere and they were all meeting up in Death Valley or somewhere to be taken up on 'the ship' or something...

Now. How Mamma found me... and why should go to those (whatever) length to find me OR think I would do such a thing... well... that's up to your thoughts.

I only saw her briefly years later and she was dying. We didn't speak it.

However... it is recorded... that incident... hundreds went... hundreds disappeared.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
I have a closet story, lol. My first proper girlfriend lived with her grandparents who were wealthy and very strict. One night I snuck into her room after a night out, I was not allowed to stay there. We fell asleep and in the morning I heard her very large and serious grandad walking towards the bedroom :eek:, I quickly hid in the closet as he brought her a bowl of cereal. As he was walking out he said, we have your breakfast on the table Oz. :oops:
OMG, how mortifying lol. Good one Oz !

During my late teens, we all worked together at Walmart overnight so we would party and extend it there until they eventually got rid of all of us. lol I remember coming in drunk on my birthday when I was like 19 or 20. My boss at that time was someone who had recently gotten out of the military and without evening looking at me as I walked past, stopped me and said "Have you been drinking?" Of course, I was like "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...No." lol Then he was just like, "Alright. Go unload the trucks then." Funny thing is that's okay, but on Xmas Eve everyone left me hangin with like 30 buggies (carts for you notherners lol) when we normally all operate together to tackle that so I left and got fired for that on Xmas. Moral of the story, no one cares as long as you complete the mission. lol
very true, just geter done lol

Reactions: Selectric