Part of the PNF "Learn a New Word" Program

I think the ango-saxon words are least attractive. I think spanish,french and native american are more pleasant. We've robbed many

mellifluous

I love when the name Genevive is pronounced Zhan-vee-ev and charade is pronounced shuh-rahd but kind of uppity unless you are in Europe at the time you say it

Reactions: Duke
I love when the name Genevive is pronounced Zhan-vee-ev and charade is pronounced shuh-rahd but kind of uppity unless you are in Europe at the time you say it
My daughter's next door neighbor is named Genevive. Do not call her Ginny.

WHERE DOES SPLOOT COME FROM?​

20201222_atw_sploot_800x800-292x300.png

Sploot is part of a growing lexicon of DoggoLingo, which uses cute, deliberate misspellings and onomatopoeias like mlem, blep, smol, borf, and heckin to fawn over man’s best friend online—and the many, many pictures and videos we post of them.
While the exact origins of sploot are unclear, lexicographer Grant Barrett of the A Way with Words radio show has suggested that the term sploot may riff on the word splat to characterize the splat-like (flat, spread-out) appearance of a sploot pose. This wordplay mirrors other changes made to existing words in DoggoLingo, like the substitution of chonky for chunky.
Sploot is especially associated with corgis, a squat breed of dogs with very short legs. The use of sploot, as associated with pets, is evidenced by at least 2012. Similar terms for the same pose is frog-legging and frogging.
Prior to the popularity of DoggoLingo, sploot had occasionally been used as a slang term for … messy, wet bodily functions or excretions.

EXAMPLES OF SPLOOT​

One commission done, another about done! time to sploot for the night and chill.
@ElliShypotato, January 1, 2021
Sirid Kellermann of Stillwater says this is Lupe, a six-month-old Cardigan Welsh Corgi. She’s very energetic, but is also happy to “sploot” down anywhere, including the middle of the tennis court.
Reader Pet of the Week, Star Tribune, July 13, 201

WHO USES SPLOOT?​

While sploot is closely connected to corgis, other animals, from pet turtles to polar bears at zoos, can be described as splooting. As the previous sentence illustrates, sploot can be a noun for the pose itself as well as a verb for the act of splooting.
Variations on sploot include side sploot (legs stretched to the side), half sploot (one leg stretched back), and reverse sploot (when the furry friend is lying on its back, not belly).
Due to the popularity of DoggoLingo terms, sploot is even sometimes used for, say, when humans “veg out” or “crash” on the couch after a long day!
This is a good one!

I like it when people call me "Jules" but most guy-friends call me Adams. Goran calls me Adamsito! I call him Croat! (crow-at)