Part of the PNF "Learn a New Word" Program

jadamz

the Countess
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
How do they come up with these?
If I want to understand / remember the meaning of a word I go to the etymology I.e the root of the word. For example;

The term aphantasia is derived from the Ancient Greek word phantasia (φᾰντᾰσῐ́ᾱ), which translates to 'imagination', and the prefix a- (ᾰ̓-), which means 'without'.[8] Hyperphantasia, where mental imagery is unusually vivid, is the opposite condition to aphantasia.[9]

• Wow
Reactions: Benway and ozentity

jadamz

the Countess
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score

This one is for Owl​

cre·pus·cu·lar | \ kri-ˈpə-skyə-lər

1: of, relating to, or resembling twilight : DIM. The crepuscular light, the crepuscular sky

2: occurring or active during twilight crepuscular birds,insects

3. in filmmaking it is known as the « magic hour » because everything looks better in crepuscular light

Last edited:
OP
OP
Duke

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score

This one is for Owl​

cre·pus·cu·lar | \ kri-ˈpə-skyə-lər

1: of, relating to, or resembling twilight : DIM. The crepuscular light, the crepuscular sky

2: occurring or active during twilight crepuscular birds,insects

3. in filmmaking it is known as the « magic hour » because everything looks better in crepuscular light
Keeping in mind there are a couple engineers here, we might want to start with smaller words and work our way up.

Paulm

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Keeping in mind there are a couple engineers here, we might want to start with smaller words and work our way up.
Ha, try coming from art and philosophy. Which basically means I progressed very little past fingerpainting and learning to play well with others in kindergarten....anything past that was just knowing what names to drop.....most of what I know could fit in a cup, whether half full of half empty I dunno