Part of the PNF "Learn a New Word" Program

So what part of speech is this? Sounds like it could be a noun, verb, or adjective.

meraki [may-rah-kee] (adjective) This is a word that modern Greeks often use to describe doing something with soul, creativity, or love -- when you put "something of yourself" into what you're doing, whatever it may be.

In a sentence: My food may not be 5-star, but I always cook with meraki.

Reactions: Lynne
meraki [may-rah-kee] (adjective) This is a word that modern Greeks often use to describe doing something with soul, creativity, or love -- when you put "something of yourself" into what you're doing, whatever it may be.

In that sentence, "meraki" is used as a noun as the object of a prepositional phrase.

And from another source, we have:

Meraki is a Greek verb or adverb that literally means to leave a piece of yourself on the table. This lyrical, untranslatable expression refers to doing something with passion and devotion, to act with undivided attention.

And from the urban Dictionary:

Wow I thought it was a Turkish spice!

I used the "I don't know how to diagram a sentence (still can't) because I skipped 4th grade" excuse for years until a teacher said to me once,"That's the past get over it". Wiser words were never spoken and yeah I 'm bragging a little