Part of the Job...

In my years as a "Hollywood extra" I had many bizarre and sometimes dangerous job requirements. I've been shot at, soaked to the skin, choked in smoke, wore winter coats in 90-degree weather, wore flimsy clothes in 40-degree weather, walked through flames, had dirt blown at me with wind machines, had things glued to my face, wore wigs, got silly haircuts, wore silly costumes, got injured a few times and more. All in a day's work.
Crux, trying to give you the opportunity to maintain your anonymity, can you tell us the name of just one of the movies you were in?

Crux, trying to give you the opportunity to maintain your anonymity, can you tell us the name of just one of the movies you were in?

Me in hoodie with flash light in "War of the Worlds" (2005):

WotW-02.jpg

The scene where Tom Cruise's car is mobbed and stolen. Three long days on a sound stage under pouring rain. We wore plastic trash bags under our clothes but they did no good. We were soaked the whole time.

In my years as a "Hollywood extra" I had many bizarre and sometimes dangerous job requirements. I've been shot at, soaked to the skin, choked in smoke, wore winter coats in 90-degree weather, wore flimsy clothes in 40-degree weather, walked through flames, had dirt blown at me with wind machines, had things glued to my face, wore wigs, got silly haircuts, wore silly costumes, got injured a few times and more. All in a day's work.
I’d like to hear more of your Hollywood stories! Very cool Crux.

Reactions: crux and RoseRed

WotW-02.jpg

The scene where Tom Cruise's car is mobbed and stolen. Three long days on a sound stage under pouring rain. We wore plastic trash bags under our clothes but they did no good. We were soaked the whole time.
Are you the one in front or the back?

WotW-02.jpg

Clapping, clapping, clapping. You were my favorite “Guy in the rain” In that entire movie.

Thanks for sharing crux.

Titch,
Trade jobs w / ya ?

As the saying goes, 'Jack of all trades - master of none'!

Have not been at work since February 2020 due to poor health which is still under investigation by my doctor. I am actually an electrician by trade and also spent many years in the construction industry after the Military. Also held a number of management roles over the years.

These days I fill my time with electronic projects (mainly building investigative equipment), building websites for friends and family, and doing PC builds.

As the saying goes, 'Jack of all trades - master of none'!

Have not been at work since February 2020 due to poor health which is still under investigation by my doctor. I am actually an electrician by trade and also spent many years in the construction industry after the Military. Also held a number of management roles over the years.

These days I fill my time with electronic projects (mainly building investigative equipment), building websites for friends and family, and doing PC builds.
Praying for you. Sorry to hear this.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Crux, that's impressive. I have a friend here who has done tons of extra work in movies as well as starring in local commercials. He's got that "character" look that westerns especially look for.

I have a couple of listings in the iMDB for my work in television, but I wasn't on-screen talent. I did get screen credits, however.

Those were fun times.