Paranormal Psychology

I agree with you. The end of my work isnt trying to prove it more than highlight some curious/ interesting facts. I feel there are some possibilities for the clinical work if we count with kinda a modern compendium of phenomena, like the old days.
Also, since you studied about the theme on an academic frame. ¿Could you guide me on the theme of statistics and paranormal phenomena?

Im a psychologist and im interested on the phenomenology of paranormal experiences. Taking them as real experiences i wish to understand their nature and relation to the psyche. Take for example demonology as a tool for the understanding of psychic phenomena. Im looking for more knowledge about the way mind relate to the paranormal.
I'll tell you this, I tried to talk to my shrink about being an empath and i got a very strong vibe to change the subject because her ears perked up like a doberman and she has been trying to get me to go back to taking lithium bicarbonate and that isnt going to happen so I decided to tell her it is something I read about. She is old school, she is probably in her 70's I never really asked how old she is but I can tell she is from the same generation my parents are from because when I mentioned medical marijuana she reacted the same way my mother did about the subject. I do however trust her and I dont do anything like smoke the stuff because she would kick me from her office I do have respect for her in that way because she doesn't force feed me pills like others have tried to do.

Im a psychologist and im interested on the phenomenology of paranormal experiences. Taking them as real experiences i wish to understand their nature and relation to the psyche. Take for example demonology as a tool for the understanding of psychic phenomena. Im looking for more knowledge about the way mind relate to the paranormal.
I think it would be fun to be your patient. You would do this case study for free?

Last edited:
I agree with you. The end of my work isnt trying to prove it more than highlight some curious/ interesting facts. I feel there are some possibilities for the clinical work if we count with kinda a modern compendium of phenomena, like the old days.
Alejandro I think that the best we can do is to keep compiling the phenomena in a rigorous way , and pass on the information to sympathetic colleagues and the students that we are mentoring.
I don't know of anyone that wrote the text about a compendium of Paranormal Activity. There is a University in one of the Carolinas in America, Duke
University. They have done some of the most significant research into the paranormal but I will say this- their statistical studies are more about people that can guess playing cards and are feeling lucky when they roll dice.:(
But it's a start.
But as promised I will go through my bookshelves and if you want to pick my brain go ahead. My mentor was a very effective family therapist.

I'll tell you this, I tried to talk to my shrink about being an empath and i got a very strong vibe to change the subject because her ears perked up like a doberman and she has been trying to get me to go back to taking lithium bicarbonate and that isnt going to happen so I decided to tell her it is something I read about. She is old school, she is probably in her 70's I never really asked how old she is but I can tell she is from the same generation my parents are from because when I mentioned medical marijuana she reacted the same way my mother did about the subject. I do however trust her and I dont do anything like smoke the stuff because she would kick me from her office I do have respect for her in that way because she doesn't force feed me pills like others have tried to do.

I think it would be fun to be your patient. You would do this case study for free?
A brieff description of your case could help me viewing in what way we can cooperate. Feel free to write me

University. They have done some of the most significant research into the paranormal but I will say this- their statistical studies are more about people that can guess playing cards and are feeling lucky when they roll dice.:(
But it's a start.

isn't guessing flash cards and controlling the dice used because it is a positive result of an ability.... studying things on a psychological level, symptoms, traits, mannerisms, etc... would not prove anything except that maybe certain ppl show the same traits, which would then just still be labeled as an abnormality or psychosis. it would still be looked at from a scientific view instead of a paranormal view unless there is absolute proof......right???.... I guess what im thinking is that if you go by standard medical training and practice you are already biased to come to a reasonable conclusion that all things paranormal are just in the mind.

Reactions: Paintman
isn't guessing flash cards and controlling the dice used because it is a positive result of an ability.... studying things on a psychological level, symptoms, traits, mannerisms, etc... would not prove anything except that maybe certain ppl show the same traits, which would then just still be labeled as an abnormality or psychosis. it would still be looked at from a scientific view instead of a paranormal view unless there is absolute proof......right???.... I guess what im thinking is that if you go by standard medical training and practice you are already biased to come to a reasonable conclusion that all things paranormal are just in the mind.
Thats true. Also its true that phenomenology gives you a very usefull tool when you study a phenomenon without trying to prove if its "real" or not. For some psychology schools of thought, all mind phenomena is real.

Alejandro I think that the best we can do is to keep compiling the phenomena in a rigorous way , and pass on the information to sympathetic colleagues and the students that we are mentoring.
I don't know of anyone that wrote the text about a compendium of Paranormal Activity. There is a University in one of the Carolinas in America, Duke
But it's a start.
But as promised I will go through my bookshelves and if you want to pick my brain go ahead. My mentor was a very effective family therapist.
Ive read some of those studies. They are interesting and they have been replicated a lot of times but its kinda sad how this pappers arent flourishing or feeding a theoretical corpus. Maybe it sounds dumb but knowing about cases or events could also help me. ¿Did your mentor have worked with paranormal phenomena in practice?

Thats true. Also its true that phenomenology gives you a very usefull tool when you study a phenomenon without trying to prove if its "real" or not. For some psychology schools of thought, all mind phenomena is real.
I don't have an in depth knowledge on phenomenology, just what is very briefly touched on in philosophical studies...and that was a long time ago....lol...but it can and often does lead to more of a paradox with many different results than answers or even set patterns, which doesn't lead to or help understand what is being studied in the long run...... like I stated im not too up to speed on this so I will sit back and read what you guys have to say, I do find this an interesting topic so far....

Reactions: Alejandro
A brieff description of your case could help me viewing in what way we can cooperate. Feel free to write me
No members will be used as case studies. You may discuss here what you are doing, but this forum is not to be used to "study" us or the members. This is a safe place to discuss interests, but not as a clinical study tool.

Reactions: Duke
No members will be used as case studies. You may discuss here what you are doing, but this forum is not to be used to "study" us or the members. This is a safe place to discuss interests, but not as a clinical study tool.
Its really easy to take a side. "Study" sounds bad in the way you say it. Since you dont know my deep intentions i reject the part of your words wich are assuming to know more than you do. I like that this is a safe place to talk. On the other hand i wont "use" anyone. You have my word.