Paranormal Psychology

What does it mean to you, Alejandro ? Also I am moving post to a more appropriate forum.
Im a psychologist and im interested on the phenomenology of paranormal experiences. Taking them as real experiences i wish to understand their nature and relation to the psyche. Take for example demonology as a tool for the understanding of psychic phenomena. Im looking for more knowledge about the way mind relate to the paranormal.

Reactions: 7Critter
Im a psychologist and im interested on the phenomenology of paranormal experiences. Taking them as real experiences i wish to understand their nature and relation to the psyche. Take for example demonology as a tool for the understanding of psychic phenomena. Im looking for more knowledge about the way mind relate to the paranormal.
Hello, Alejandro. So, in what way would you be doing this?

I have two aproaches. One is very academic and it consist in searching and saving data for recurrent factors on paranormal phenomena (geographical hot spots, recurrent imaginery, kinds of contact, species, etc). The other aproach, wich im more interested in, consists on a phenomenological study of events like possesions or paranormal sightings in wich the description of the events may be the first step and the creation of a new theory of the mind is the end.

I will put an example of whats goingon on my research. I suggest, in the line of dynamic psychology theories and the work of C.G Jung that there are kinda autonomous entities or systems wich affect the self development. The manifestations of this complexes are very similar to demonic or fiendish possesions and at the same time, to depression and other frecuent mental health problems. Understanding that the psyche can be hunted by demons may be usefull for therapy because representations of the unknown are pivotal for a true insight.

Alejandro, hello. I am interested in your questions and I also have a background in Clinical Psychology in Chicago.
I completed all of my coursework towards my dissertation and 300 hours towards my clinical work. I had a mentor who was exceptionally well schooled in parapsychology. To the point where he was trying to figure out how the lines between psychology and parapsychology are blurred.
I will say that I understand the statistical rigor that would try to prove para psychological activity. I have had 9 trimesters at The Graduate level in that subject.
So with that being said I wish you all the best and I don't think it's going to work the way we think we are going to prove it:p. But I surely wish you best in your studies and will help if I can.
These subjects are not going to die with us,but we're going to sure die with a lot of questions.:)

I will put an example of whats goingon on my research. I suggest, in the line of dynamic psychology theories and the work of C.G Jung that there are kinda autonomous entities or systems wich affect the self development. The manifestations of this complexes are very similar to demonic or fiendish possesions and at the same time, to depression and other frecuent mental health problems. Understanding that the psyche can be hunted by demons may be usefull for therapy because representations of the unknown are pivotal for a true insight.
Alejandro you're going to have to give me a little bit of time to unpack what you were trying to do. I will promise that I will give it my best intention.
For what it's worth, and you may get a good laugh out of this, my statistics professor was well-schooled in Jungian Analysis. And he took me under his wing.

Alejandro you're going to have to give me a little bit of time to unpack what you were trying to do. I will promise that I will give it my best intention.
For what it's worth, and you may get a good laugh out of this, my statistics professor was well-schooled in Jungian Analysis. And he took me under his wing.
Awesome. I will apreciate any data or authors suggestion on the line of studying the paranormal on a psychological framework. In fact any help is thankfully welcome.

Reactions: Paintman
Alejandro, hello. I am interested in your questions and I also have a background in Clinical Psychology in Chicago.
I completed all of my coursework towards my dissertation and 300 hours towards my clinical work. I had a mentor who was exceptionally well schooled in parapsychology. To the point where he was trying to figure out how the lines between psychology and parapsychology are blurred.
I will say that I understand the statistical rigor that would try to prove para psychological activity. I have had 9 trimesters at The Graduate level in that subject.
So with that being said I wish you all the best and I don't think it's going to work the way we think we are going to prove it:p. But I surely wish you best in your studies and will help if I can.
These subjects are not going to die with us,but we're going to sure die with a lot of questions.:)
I agree with you. The end of my work isnt trying to prove it more than highlight some curious/ interesting facts. I feel there are some possibilities for the clinical work if we count with kinda a modern compendium of phenomena, like the old days.

Reactions: Paintman