Paranormal or something else

I have tempered myself somewhat since coming to Debi's House... but I am going to respond here.

I've had hundreds of paranormal encounters in the last 20+ years. I myself would never mess with a Ouija board...you never know what you may contact.

I myself do not fear the paranormal realm...I respect it. Most of my experiences have been pleasant. I have experienced negative interactions, but they were indirect. In my house, I announce the rules...and I accept compliance.

Let me tell you what's wrong with these statements Ribeyebob. When someone come's along and tells you the Paranormal is manageable and uses the authority of 'hundred's of experiences', it makes those who have struggled with dark entities within the Paranormal their whole life, feel like there is something wrong with THEM. Something they did or didn't do must have caused these things to happen to them. And that's pure bs.

This forum is a place of refuge for those who are in this struggle. A place where they can feel normal for a moment. Protected. Sane.

I am glad for you that you have had all these experiences with only indirect negative reactions ~ out of hundreds of experiences. You must have Angels watching over you... because it is certainly not because you demand and the Paranormal obeys. Yes, you can set rules, boundary's, protections... and you certainly should, if you are involved with all these experiences... and if you are very lucky... which you seem to be... that might be enough.

I don't know your back story. I don't have time to know your back story. But I am hoping in the future you might consider that there are people who come here with a totally different story, and show a little less disdain for their plight.

I have no care if you have fear of the Paranormal or not. My statement was about darkness, my post about energy, and you seemed to have missed the point totally. If you have had limited negative experiences within this realm, then you have had little reason to fear. Come Walk the darkness with me ~ and we'll have this discussion again.

I have tempered myself somewhat since coming to Debi's House... but I am going to respond here.

Let me tell you what's wrong with these statements Ribeyebob. When someone come's along and tells you the Paranormal is manageable and uses the authority of 'hundred's of experiences', it makes those who have struggled with dark entities within the Paranormal their whole life, feel like there is something wrong with THEM. Something they did or didn't do must have caused these things to happen to them. And that's pure bs.

This forum is a place of refuge for those who are in this struggle. A place where they can feel normal for a moment. Protected. Sane.

I am glad for you that you have had all these experiences with only indirect negative reactions ~ out of hundreds of experiences. You must have Angels watching over you... because it is certainly not because you demand and the Paranormal obeys. Yes, you can set rules, boundary's, protections... and you certainly should, if you are involved with all these experiences... and if you are very lucky... which you seem to be... that might be enough.

I don't know your back story. I don't have time to know your back story. But I am hoping in the future you might consider that there are people who come here with a totally different story, and show a little less disdain for their plight.

I have no care if you have fear of the Paranormal or not. My statement was about darkness, my post about energy, and you seemed to have missed the point totally. If you have had limited negative experiences within this realm, then you have had little reason to fear. Come Walk the darkness with me ~ and we'll have this discussion again.
Donna you are amazing. Well stated.

Donna,

I understand there are people who are terrified over paranormal experiences. I have experienced violent encounters as well.

Jen ran away from a shadow person out of fear; the shadow person followed her home. I encouraged her to stand her ground,.

People have been bitten, pushed down stairs, and choked. You have to assert yourself and demand the entity to leave.

Debi will reflect the same message: be assertive when you confront these entities.

Hello, new person here... Not everyone has an assertive personality. Ribeyebob would be the Gladiator saying "Bring it."
It takes a "focused shift" to deal with the emotions of initial response which usually is "Oh Shit".
His energy is always in challenge mode. Not everyone is like him.
All I wish to say is that unless you realize that the Fear you generate is the desired response and staying there creates a
symbiotic relationship that will establish a consistency or pattern of response that keeps the Neg. energy around...
until the individual realizes they have the authority the shift doesn't happen.
I realize what you are saying is that not everyone has the initial response to stand their ground.
we all have a learning curve.

Last edited:
You know what Bob. I don't think your worth it. The argument I mean. You are repeating the exact behavior I called you on the first time... so you are either naive, or willfully attempting to deflect and deny while asserting an authority you don't have. Your ego is astounding. Your knowledge not so much. I see that easily. I trust others will too.

Me too Ozentity. I've had the unfortunate experience of glimpsing (just a tiny tiny tiny glimpse) of what happens on the other side. Screw that. ;vo

For a long time I always made a point to state 'personal opinion' when I posted, but as I became more comfortable with my surroundings I let that statement lapse as 'implied'... forgetting that people come in and out of this House who don't know me or my nature. Pretty much everything I have posted in these kind of threads will be from my view or opinion because I am going to come at the thing from a purely Spiritual standpoint...

I absolutely understand that anything on this forum will be of opinion. I don't any of us living can be considered experts in the paranormal field. I believe that some have more experiences, and with experience brings knowledge, but I don't think anyone can be considered an expert. I am an amateur at best. I have had a few experiences, comparatively speaking, throughout my life and wanted to reach out to get ideas based on others experiences and knowledge. I think a lot of what you have said makes a lot of sense and is informative. And I feel that I can gain some insight or direction from you. So I appreciate the help that you've given so far!!

I certainly don't mess with Ouija boards or anything even remotely close to witchcraft or dark arts or any of the such. I understand that through energy everything in our world is connected and that energy can be manipulated. Definitely not controlled. The way I understand it or relate it to is that you cannot control a living person's will, which is essentially a person's energy. You can manipulate their thoughts or feelings which then manipulates their energy or will. But you will never have complete control over it. I think the same is true for the afterlife or spirits. Spirits or the paranormal is basically energy. As you said, we have no more control over it than a lightning strike. I think we can manipulate it by exerting a more powerful energy, such as our determination or will or energy of refusal to accept their energy. But we certainly do not control it. So while as a kid I thought of the Ouija and the idea of witchcraft to be nothing more than a game, I understand now that you're inviting that energy in, giving it more power based on your belief and acceptance and allowing it manipulate your energy through that. So you must be careful. As with any relationship there is a balance, give and take. In order to obtain peace you must gain a balance.

Debi will reflect the same message: be assertive when you confront these entities
Although this would be my response, I would also add that you do this with care and authority, not confrontational and full knowing, as Donna says, that we don't control any of this...we simply try to manage these situations. And, Rib, please do not presume to answer for me in the future. If I have something to say, it will come from me, not your statements of what you feel I will say. That is an over step of giant proportions here.

When we present our advice here, it needs to be done not as a "Gladiator", not as "I have had hundreds of experiences", but in a way that provides support to the person without the "I" involved in it. We are here to assist and uphold each other with the best advice we can offer in relationship to their needs, not our own. This is not a black and white "this works and this doesn't" field. There are things that work for some and not for others. Which is why I have the Paranormal Guidelines here on that sticky thread for everyone.

Tell your stories, people, share what works and doesn't. But remember that in this world nothing...NOTHING...is an absolute when it comes to the paranormal world. If you are giving advice, make sure it's noted as your opinion only and given to assist the other person, not to elevate yourself. Stay humble, stay open to new thoughts and ideas.

When I was younger, I tended to feel a bit cocky about dealing with the paranormal. But now, I strive to understand it and co-exist peacefully with it. One way I like to think of dealing with unwanted energy, is to imagine a real person showing up in my home and annoying me or trying to establish a place to stay without my permission. At first I would ask them to leave. If they wouldn't then I wouldn't try to engage them in battle! I would call law enforcement to remove them. In the case of energy, law enforcement would be the St. Michael prayer, or other rituals that have worked before. And I have learned a certain humbleness as I realized that we are indeed fortunate and blessed to have these powerful forces of protection just for the asking, and by no means should we fancy that we are powerful on our own. We do have the choice to think that we are, and make dangerous mistakes which can lead to escalation of unwanted activity. Or we can invoke divine power, which is far more
knowledgeable and far seeing than we could ever be. And we can continue learning, which is why we have been given this term on earth.

When I was younger, I tended to feel a bit cocky about dealing with the paranormal. But now, I strive to understand it and co-exist peacefully with it. One way I like to think of dealing with unwanted energy, is to imagine a real person showing up in my home and annoying me or trying to establish a place to stay without my permission. At first I would ask them to leave. If they wouldn't then I wouldn't try to engage them in battle! I would call law enforcement to remove them. In the case of energy, law enforcement would be the St. Michael prayer, or other rituals that have worked before. And I have learned a certain humbleness as I realized that we are indeed fortunate and blessed to have these powerful forces of protection just for the asking, and by no means should we fancy that we are powerful on our own. We do have the choice to think that we are, and make dangerous mistakes which can lead to escalation of unwanted activity. Or we can invoke divine power, which is far more
knowledgeable and far seeing than we could ever be. And we can continue learning, which is why we have been given this term on earth.
Well said, Garnet.