Paranormal or something else

Am_Erica19

Reaction score
Some back story, I've had some experiences since I was young child. In my childhood home I would often hear people talking or what sounded like a radio or TV playing in the middle of the night. Thinking my parents or brother were up I'd get up and check and find the house dark and quiet. But as soon as I got back to my room, I'd hear the talking again. Fast forward to about 6 years ago when my husband and I moved into a new home. We both would see "ghost cats", feeling like a cat was rubbing against our legs and we'd see something low to the ground scurrying around much like a cat does. I then woke one night to see a shadow man standing by my bed, right next to me. I jumped back into my husband, waking him but the shadow man disappeared when I moved. A month or two later I had an experience where I heard my name whispered loudly and intensely directly into my ear. I woke up and look at my husband, asking him what?, thinking something was wrong. But he was fast asleep. So...long story short, I've had a fair share of experiences throughout my life. Fast forward to this past November when my husband and I moved into my husband's parent's home. From the first week of us living there we've both had various experiences. Footsteps upstairs when no one else is home, seeing/hearing things in our son's room, cold spots, our son talking/laughing at something alone in his room, etc. Coincidentally, our son will frequently wake up at 3:30am, crying out, even though he can sleep through the night now. This brings me to last night and my reason for writing in. I was woken up again by my son crying out at 3:30am. I got up but before I made it into his room, he had fallen back to sleep. So I, happily, went back to bed. But I was unable to get back to sleep right away. So as I laid there on my side, I suddenly felt a warm pressure on my back. This warmth and pressure started to slowly spread further into my back, going into my body. I felt it spread down my shoulder and right arm (laying on left side) until my entire arm was tingling and hand was numb. At this same point, my arm and hand felt heavy, like I was unable to move it. The warmth and tingling feeling continued to spread forward from my back, through my body, to my chest and stomach, to my throat and jaw. My stomach completely clenched as my jaw did. I felt I was unable to move, unable to speak. Finally I found the strength and spoke out, "I do not accept this. You need to leave me alone. If you have any negativity, you are not welcome in our home." At that point, the tingling and warmth that had spread through out most of the upper portion of my body, retreated and disappeared. My stomach and jaw were both sore, in fact my jaw still is slightly on the right side this morning, from being clenched but that subsided fairly quickly. I sat up and said a prayer, asking for light and protection to be brought into the home. Once I said Amen, my son woke up screaming again.
Side note: I have never had sleep paralysis or sleep apnea. I do clench my teeth regularly and have had dental issues caused by the force of my clenching. I do have a history of anxiety but did not feel anxious last night, just really tired.

Which ear did it whisper into, your left or right?

I've had things whisper in my ear and basically told it to shut the*#& up as I am in need of my sleep. Seriously, I feel that anything that interferes with sleep is, IMO not benevolent. Usually in my past experiences with such sleep disruptions, whatever it was, wanted me to feel sleep deprived so that it could feed on the resulting irritability and fatigue. Good on you for taking the upper hand!

Welcome to the forum.
Did you find that the ghost cats moved super fast at times, and did odd things - like running along walls, or jumping through the ceiling?

I mostly see ours downstairs, but has been seen upstairs too.

Your experiences sound fairly typical, although the pressure/ numbness is similar to onset of sleep paralysis, and is a likely time for it to happen too. Just saying it could be.

Finally I found the strength and spoke out, "I do not accept this
That's what you need to do anytime you feel this around.From most of my experiences these things are cowardly,shown when they couldn't get to you they targeted your son.I don't know his age but he should get on board with telling these off as well.They seem to target people when they are afraid, vulnerable or young.I've had these plus many positive experiences with the paranormal,its just part of life if your open and sensitive.You sound like you have control anyway.Welcome Erica to the site,there are some interesting accounts to read here.

Some back story, I've had some experiences since I was young child. In my childhood home I would often hear people talking or what sounded like a radio or TV playing in the middle of the night. Thinking my parents or brother were up I'd get up and check and find the house dark and quiet. But as soon as I got back to my room, I'd hear the talking again. Fast forward to about 6 years ago when my husband and I moved into a new home. We both would see "ghost cats", feeling like a cat was rubbing against our legs and we'd see something low to the ground scurrying around much like a cat does. I then woke one night to see a shadow man standing by my bed, right next to me. I jumped back into my husband, waking him but the shadow man disappeared when I moved. A month or two later I had an experience where I heard my name whispered loudly and intensely directly into my ear. I woke up and look at my husband, asking him what?, thinking something was wrong. But he was fast asleep. So...long story short, I've had a fair share of experiences throughout my life. Fast forward to this past November when my husband and I moved into my husband's parent's home. From the first week of us living there we've both had various experiences. Footsteps upstairs when no one else is home, seeing/hearing things in our son's room, cold spots, our son talking/laughing at something alone in his room, etc. Coincidentally, our son will frequently wake up at 3:30am, crying out, even though he can sleep through the night now. This brings me to last night and my reason for writing in. I was woken up again by my son crying out at 3:30am. I got up but before I made it into his room, he had fallen back to sleep. So I, happily, went back to bed. But I was unable to get back to sleep right away. So as I laid there on my side, I suddenly felt a warm pressure on my back. This warmth and pressure started to slowly spread further into my back, going into my body. I felt it spread down my shoulder and right arm (laying on left side) until my entire arm was tingling and hand was numb. At this same point, my arm and hand felt heavy, like I was unable to move it. The warmth and tingling feeling continued to spread forward from my back, through my body, to my chest and stomach, to my throat and jaw. My stomach completely clenched as my jaw did. I felt I was unable to move, unable to speak. Finally I found the strength and spoke out, "I do not accept this. You need to leave me alone. If you have any negativity, you are not welcome in our home." At that point, the tingling and warmth that had spread through out most of the upper portion of my body, retreated and disappeared. My stomach and jaw were both sore, in fact my jaw still is slightly on the right side this morning, from being clenched but that subsided fairly quickly. I sat up and said a prayer, asking for light and protection to be brought into the home. Once I said Amen, my son woke up screaming again.
Side note: I have never had sleep paralysis or sleep apnea. I do clench my teeth regularly and have had dental issues caused by the force of my clenching. I do have a history of anxiety but did not feel anxious last night, just really tired.

Erica, first thing I want to say is that I 100% believe you. I went through an experience not like yours, but just as frightening and unexpected. I would like to know how all that started with you. Mine was just plain weird. Talking to my sis on the phone, lots of static and apparently some kind of portal opened up. I have lots more. Keep in touch. I think the both of us have a lot to talk about. .

Welcome to the forum.
Did you find that the ghost cats moved super fast at times, and did odd things - like running along walls, or jumping through the ceiling?

I mostly see ours downstairs, but has been seen upstairs too.

Your experiences sound fairly typical, although the pressure/ numbness is similar to onset of sleep paralysis, and is a likely time for it to happen too. Just saying it could be.

The ghost cats we saw in a separate home and were small dark, grey forms that would "scurry" low across the floor. There was one time when I was sitting on the couch and saw something run across the floor, from behind the end of the couch to behind the coffee table. I actually looked to the other side of the coffee table waiting to see whatever it was come out on the other side. But nothing did. I got up and looked and there was nothing there. I then checked and both dogs were asleep in the other room (also, both dogs are much larger than whatever this was, which was about cat sized). The previous owners did have cats in the home, so we always just assumed it was one that may have past and decided to come home. We'd be doing dishes or cooking and have that "cat rubbing against your legs" feeling. To the point you'd look behind you to find nothing there. We'd see it dart around corners or through doorways, but always low to the ground.

I thought about the sleep paralysis and my sensations do match up to the description of it. However, like I said I've never experienced anything like that before. And it was only the top portion of my body, from my waist up, and mainly my right side that was affected. I thought sleep paralysis affected the whole body.

Reactions: garnetsilver