paranormal apps?

Discussion in 'Your Paranormal Experiences' started by paranormalnut24, Feb 12, 2020.

1. paranormalnut24

paranormalnut24
    Expand Collapse

have you used any? I've used a couple and I honestly believe 1 works.. lol

2. Duke

Duke
    Expand Collapse
    Open-minded critical thinker
    Tier-2 Mod

Most of them, especially those that claim to detect ghosts/UFOs, are a scam. Some claim to detect EMF fluctuations, others scan radio frequencies like the spirit box products on the market. If you believe either of those technologies work in ghost hunting, then spending a couple bucks (many are free, however) for the apps is a damn sight cheaper than buying a Rimpod or Spirit Box.

Some do nothing more than act as a digital recorder, so if you are looking for EVPs they are again a cheaper alternative to dropping $50 or more on a recorder.

Ultima Thule and Paintman like this.
  3. paranormalnut24

paranormalnut24
    Expand Collapse

I've used ghost radar classic, and I am sure it works... I live right by the cemetery and I've had names of people that are in the cemetery pop up on my app... I'm just really interested and all things paranormal and cryptid.. lol

4. ElliO

ElliO
    Expand Collapse

My biggest problems with the apps, and with things like the Spirit Box is that, just like with a Ouija board you really don't have any idea who or what is really coming through. There are mischievous spirits out there who will tell you all kinds of stuff just to get the attention, scare you or mess with you, or just to amuse themselves.

Lynne and ozentity like this.
  5. Scallydrama

Scallydrama
    Expand Collapse

some apps are bogus, and a few are not. do your research on who has developed the app and check out the review, also visit paranormal channels on YT to get their opinions.

when using an app or actual ghost box protect yourself and ask your guides to be gatekeepers.

be safe!

Lynne likes this.
  6. ozentity

ozentity
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

I personally don't believe you should try to contact people that have passed,if they need to communicate with you they will without any device.As ElliO said you are more likely to pick up negative entities than dead people's spirits.These devices are used to try to prove to others about the paranormal's existence,it's best left alone.Even if it works would you want someone disturbing your loved one in their spiritual realm?

Emma likes this.
  7. Ultima Thule

Ultima Thule
    Expand Collapse

I'd be very concerned about the privacy policy of the apps. What data are they collecting? How much access are you giving them? These vendors aren't in it for the paranormal. They're in it for the money.

ElliO and Debi like this.
  8. Bob

Bob
    Expand Collapse
    Truth Seeker

When I worked at a hotel, as a night auditor, I used a couple (on a 2nd gen iPod touch) as I knew the hotel had "guests". I was never able to confirm any of those apps were functional. They were more for entertainment usage than anything else.

But it sure freaked out one of my co-workers! HAHA

9. paranormalnut24

paranormalnut24
    Expand Collapse

half the time I don't have internet whenever I use them so I didn't think that anybody could have access my stuff without me having internet...lol but luckily I've never wasted any of my money on these apps they were free..

10. Scallydrama

Scallydrama
    Expand Collapse

some of our ghost box sessions have been lively to say the least, and all experiences were positive. in one session, my favorite, my pet pooch came through. she barked as only she could, and gave some lovely little whimpers! she even sniffed my hair, you could actually feel her being close. amazing!

in a recent session we were given information - names(which we didn't know)and were sharing the account with a friend, the names we were given turned out to be her father's!!!

my wife always has her spirit guide present, he is the doorkeeper. I have my psychic protection visualisation which I do throughout the day.

be safe. don't mess with what you don't know. its not a game. there are spirits out there who are lost and need guidance, we have come across a fair few.

ElliO and Debi like this.