Paranoia or something else?

Julma

Reaction score
Hi, I have a really silly question in my mind.
But first a bit of a backstory about the question so that I don't sound completely lunatic/attention seeker, or maybe I will (I'm not that good with socializing).
This week for some reason i have been gradually becoming more obsessed with werewolves.
For starters I thought it was just because I like cryptids and paranormal stuff in general and happened to watch a couple of movies involving cryptids in friday and saturday. On saturday the "obsession" started becoming very strong and the majority of my saturday I spent watching and reading stuff related to werewolves.
Today morning however I remember waking up and being somewhat anxious and again I spent my morning reading and watching werewolf related stuff. But along the day my anxiousnes level started to drastically go up.
I mean I'm a Finn and us Finns tend to get labeled as somewhat of an axious and paranoid people, but I feel like this anxiousness is different.
It's like the feeling that you get right before an important test or a big play you have a role in.
I also noticed that today (sunday 26th of August) is full moon, so does it play a part in my behaviour or is it just paranoia. Also today my mind has felt like "fuzzy" like my some toughts get blurred and such (can't remember anything like this happening before in my mind).

Has anyone ever had similar experiences, and is it just coincidence that this all happened on a weekend leading up to a full moon? Should I be worried?
Writing about these "feelings" I've had along the weekend kinda helped with the anxiety, but my mind is still in that "fuzzy" state.

Reactions: 7Critter
Hi, I have a really silly question in my mind.
But first a bit of a backstory about the question so that I don't sound completely lunatic/attention seeker, or maybe I will (I'm not that good with socializing).
This week for some reason i have been gradually becoming more obsessed with werewolves.
For starters I thought it was just because I like cryptids and paranormal stuff in general and happened to watch a couple of movies involving cryptids in friday and saturday. On saturday the "obsession" started becoming very strong and the majority of my saturday I spent watching and reading stuff related to werewolves.
Today morning however I remember waking up and being somewhat anxious and again I spent my morning reading and watching werewolf related stuff. But along the day my anxiousnes level started to drastically go up.
I mean I'm a Finn and us Finns tend to get labeled as somewhat of an axious and paranoid people, but I feel like this anxiousness is different.
It's like the feeling that you get right before an important test or a big play you have a role in.
I also noticed that today (sunday 26th of August) is full moon, so does it play a part in my behaviour or is it just paranoia. Also today my mind has felt like "fuzzy" like my some toughts get blurred and such (can't remember anything like this happening before in my mind).

Has anyone ever had similar experiences, and is it just coincidence that this all happened on a weekend leading up to a full moon? Should I be worried?
Writing about these "feelings" I've had along the weekend kinda helped with the anxiety, but my mind is still in that "fuzzy" state.
Hi Julma. You're not weird. Everyone has interests that captures them from time to time. Thanks for sharing and Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum.

Reactions: Julma
Hi Julma. You're not weird. Everyone has interests that captures them from time to time. Thanks for sharing and Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum.
Thanks 7Christie, that helps alot, but still I'm wondering why I'm so anxious today since I am never anxious without a good reason and my mind has never been this fuzzy before, atleast not that I remember and I tend to remember the weird things that happen around me better than normal.
But still your answer still helps out a lot and I thank you for that.

Thanks 7Christie, that helps alot, but still I'm wondering why I'm so anxious today since I am never anxious without a good reason and my mind has never been this fuzzy before, atleast not that I remember and I tend to remember the weird things that happen around me better than normal.
Sometimes we can immerse ourselves in a topic and become overwhelmed in it. Your story reminds me of that possibility. Don't forget to ground yourself in the here and now.

Sometimes we can immerse ourselves in a topic and become overwhelmed in it. Your story reminds me of that possibility. Don't forget to ground yourself in the here and now.
I’ve been to the point in my fascination with the unknown where it got in the way of my focus. Julma, I second what debi says. Learn to ground, and give yourself a break from time to time. For me and my studies, when I’m overwhelmed I force myself to take a week off the topic and focus on something else. Do you feel that maybe you should set some boundaries for yourself?

Btw I don’t think you’re crazy or losing your mind. Just fascinated.

In what way is your mind getting fuzzy? Like dissociating, or just general lack of focus?

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
Also, full moons can cause more energy to fly around and one can feel anxious
Yup. Last full moon was crazy. Almost ended up in a fight!

Totally normal to not feel right during a full moon.

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
All good points. The moon brings out the energy in most people. Keep us posted especially if you start growing long hair and sharp teeth :D ( just joking ) . Couldn’t resist.

If you're having anxiety frequently and severely without reason for it you can find it could be spiritual or mental. As well you said you aren't good at socializing, I assume you get anxiety around people sometimes. Lots of people do. The prognosis or course of action to be taken is the same for all. Mental techniques. Reprogramming your brain. Not letting the (fear) anxiety win. That should be your goal to not let the anxiety win 100% of the time.

Just what has worked for me and my wife and other people I know go have fought similar battles.

And as Devi said you should take caution to not become too immersed in obsession.

Reactions: Lynne