Parallel Universes real say scientists

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Parallel universes are real, claim scientists - Unexplained Mysteries

The 'many interacting worlds' theory ties quantum physics to the idea of countless parallel universes.
The idea that we live in one of a practically limitless number of near-identical worlds is nothing new, having been proposed previously many times by physicists including Hugh Everett, who in 1957 put forward his 'many-worlds interpretation' of quantum mechanics.

Everett's theory suggested that there exists a potentially infinite number of parallel universes in which every possible permutation of history is played out.

In one universe for instance you may have died in a car accident last month, while in another you might have even become the President of the United States. Every conceivable outcome has happened in at least one of these universes - each version of history has played out somewhere.

One aspect of Everett's theory however, which suggests that none of these universes influence our own universe, has long drawn criticism because it makes the whole concept impossible to test out.

Now though, a team of physicists from Griffith University's Center for Quantum Dynamics and the University of California have come up with a new version - the 'many interacting worlds' theory.

This revised version of the theory echoes Everett's idea of potentially infinite parallel universes but differs in that it proposes that similar parallel worlds may experience a universal repulsive force which is how all quantum phenomena arise.

The new theory means that it may not only be possible to test for parallel universes, but that one day it may even be possible to view or interact with these alternative worlds as well.

"The beauty of our approach is that if there is just one world our theory reduces to Newtonian mechanics, while if there is a gigantic number of worlds it reproduces quantum mechanics," said Griffith University's Dr. Michael Hall.

"In between it predicts something new that is neither Newton's theory nor quantum theory. We also believe that, in providing a new mental picture of quantum effects, it will be useful in planning experiments to test and exploit quantum phenomena."

Source: Inquisitr.com - See more at: Parallel universes are real, claim scientists - Unexplained Mysteries

Reactions: Paintman
Not a new theory but thought provoking. If there are multi-verses, I wonder if there is part of our soul energy in every SELF that exists? If so wouldn't it be possible to connect to these other universes through our soul consciousness ?

Not a new theory but thought provoking. If there are multi-verses, I wonder if there is part of our soul energy in every SELF that exists? If so wouldn't it be possible to connect to these other universes through our soul consciousness ?
Who says that's not what we do in dreams? ;)

Who says that's not what we do in dreams? ;)
Yes and is often wondered if remote viewers like Ed Dames see the other realities and possibilities. They are often horrific but may not be for our reality

Reactions: Debi
I had an extremely weird experience this summer. I lost two hours of time. I sort of woke up, wasn't asleep, but felt like I woke up and was back to where I was before I lost the time. After this and for a few days, I swear there were two of me in my body. Two versions of me. Not like parallel universes, like two whole different realities. They were both real but somehow had accidentally converged. All I kept saying was I want the normal me back, I do not like this at all. I was upset, confused, angry because I could think of no explanation for this, scared I would never be just the one normal (the person I have been since birth) me ever again. I seriously jumped up and cheered when I felt that the other me had left my body. Hey, grown men do the same thing when they see some football play they think is great. :p
I am now more on the side of we don't exactly have parallel universes, we have many different realities. When working like it is supposed to, when experiencing life we are not fixed in one reality. Our realities are what we create at different points and times. I realize this probably doesn't make too much sense to everyone. It is very hard to explain. I am not a scientist. Just a woman who has had many out of the norm experiences. Some I share, some I keep to myself until perhaps I feel somebody could benefit from what I experienced. Either way, I will never be able to say my life was boring in any way.

I had an extremely weird experience this summer. I lost two hours of time. I sort of woke up, wasn't asleep, but felt like I woke up and was back to where I was before I lost the time. After this and for a few days, I swear there were two of me in my body. Two versions of me. Not like parallel universes, like two whole different realities. They were both real but somehow had accidentally converged. All I kept saying was I want the normal me back, I do not like this at all. I was upset, confused, angry because I could think of no explanation for this, scared I would never be just the one normal (the person I have been since birth) me ever again. I seriously jumped up and cheered when I felt that the other me had left my body. Hey, grown men do the same thing when they see some football play they think is great. :p
I am now more on the side of we don't exactly have parallel universes, we have many different realities. When working like it is supposed to, when experiencing life we are not fixed in one reality. Our realities are what we create at different points and times. I realize this probably doesn't make too much sense to everyone. It is very hard to explain. I am not a scientist. Just a woman who has had many out of the norm experiences. Some I share, some I keep to myself until perhaps I feel somebody could benefit from what I experienced. Either way, I will never be able to say my life was boring in any way.
Thanks for sharing. It makes sense. When I was four or five, I had experiences similar. I never knew what was happening and was scared, but Mom was there to help.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I can't imagine being that young and having such an experience. You must have been scared to death! I still don't know what happened! At four or five you surely wouldn't know. However, thank goodness for those moms. I wish it was as easy as having some mom cuddles and soft kind words to make things all better when we are all grown up. :)

Thanks Mokey. Together we may grasp a little of what's going on. I'm glad you are ok and back to normal.