Pampered Pets

Years ago I had a painting customer that gave me clippings of three varieties of catnip to plant. I forgot the genus and species of each.
Today I have three big galvanized metal wash tubs full of catnip.

At a customer this spring -had two cats that were the proud owners of everything available at PetSmart. When we moved a big sectional couch we found around 30 cat toys ! Those long ago favorites are back in action.

Years ago I had a painting customer that gave me clippings of three varieties of catnip to plant. I forgot the genus and species of each.
Today I have three big galvanized metal wash tubs full of catnip.

At a customer this spring -had two cats that were the proud owners of everything available at PetSmart. When we moved a big sectional couch we found around 30 cat toys ! Those long ago favorites are back in action.
It's amazing how many things get lost behind the couch!

Not quite the topic, but hope you'll indulge me.

I had a rescue Aussie Shepherd dog I named Sage. She had apparently been subjected to some very nasty training in her past, and unfortunately, that trainer must have resembled my mom. Mom drove eight hours to meet her new "granddog", and Sage took one look at her and ran to her bed in the other room. Mom was heartbroken. But over time, using patience and lots of treats, Mom won her over.

In their later years, both Mom and Sage were diagnosed with cancer. They both lived much longer than expected, and Mom said they had the bond of being "amazing survivors".

But the cancer prevailed, and Sage and Mom passed away six months apart. I hope they are walking together now, and Sage will be waiting for me at the rainbow bridge.
Ohhh you got me all teary eyed with this one. A beautiful memory.

All my animals are treated like babies. Even my barn cats (rescues with no place else to go) get canned food daily on their dry mix. I loved reading these responses, I don't feel abnormal now.

Not quite the topic, but hope you'll indulge me.

I had a rescue Aussie Shepherd dog I named Sage. She had apparently been subjected to some very nasty training in her past, and unfortunately, that trainer must have resembled my mom. Mom drove eight hours to meet her new "granddog", and Sage took one look at her and ran to her bed in the other room. Mom was heartbroken. But over time, using patience and lots of treats, Mom won her over.

In their later years, both Mom and Sage were diagnosed with cancer. They both lived much longer than expected, and Mom said they had the bond of being "amazing survivors".

But the cancer prevailed, and Sage and Mom passed away six months apart. I hope they are walking together now, and Sage will be waiting for me at the rainbow bridge.
Truly a match made in heaven!

My cat is basically my child :smile:

I would allow her to sleep on the bed with me but for the fact that she has a fog horn for a voice and uses it with gay abandon at times like....3am, 4am, 5am....

So, she gets to sleep somewhere nice and far away from me :smile:

Other than that she gets regular treats, cuddles, kisses, head rubs, chin rubs, all the best cushions, more treats...

All her life I've acted as her human lift (elevator). She has always had balance issues so even on a four foot high fence she'd get stuck. I'd have to come and stand with my back bowed over for her to step onto it and I'd then crouch right down so she could easily climb to the ground.

For those of you who are thinking I should have employed a more "tough love" approach and let her get down by herself: DID I NOT MENTION THAT SHE HAS THE VOICE OF A FOGHORN AND SHE CAN KEEP IT UP FOR HOURS! :laughing:

Now, in her old age (she's 18), she is very arthritic and so my role as human lift continues, albeit for different reasons...

If there was a HUGE population of feral cats...i could see invasive. Certainly not house cats. Strange declaration.
One has to wonder who the cat hater was on the committee that decided this...cuz you just know there had to be one to come up with this!