Palm Reading

have you ever had your palm read? What do you think of this practice?
Never had my palm read.

I believe that the hand is a vehicle to read a person and that a palm reader is also reading the whole person. I'm not sure the lines in a hand are key to a reading.

I also wonder how the hand of a construction worker or gymnast, e.g., can be " read " since the lines may be burried in callus and very rough skin.

I always heard that the non dominant hand is the plan and the dominate hand is how the person chose to carry out the plan. Any truth to that ?

I believe that the hand is a vehicle to read a person and that a palm reader is also reading the whole person. I'm not sure the lines in a hand are key to a reading.

I always thought along these lines also. That the reader is just using the hand as a contact point.....when someone opens their hand for that purpose they are giving " permission" for that person to enter their head / spirit....but that can also be done by way of the eyes....or other forms of contact / connections....
I've never had a reading so don't know anything about the skill involved...but that is the way I've thought of it also.

When I was a teen, our dog had puppies. My mother, exasperated by six puppies running around, demanded that my brother and me find homes for them ASAP. So, in return for one of the puppies I got my palm read by a gypsy. She told me that I would have six children and marry three times. Was only married twice, but nearly had four children; lots of miscarriages, unfortunately.

Back around 1980 I had recently moved to LA and a woman I met at the beach read my palm. At the time I had a movie script I had written and I was shopping it around. While reading my palm she told me I would sell it. She was wrong about that. I think she just told me what she thought I wanted to hear.

I don't mean to knock the profession. I don't doubt there is something to it.

Palm readers are pretty common here. They must do a good business. I see these nice houses with big "Palm Reading" signs out front. :)

Oh, I forgot -- she told me I have the Mystic Cross on my palms.

Last edited:
This was a great article and I learnt some interesting things.
I’ve heard of this practice and never had a clue about it. I’ve also never had my palm read so I knew zero about it.
I do believe in pretty much everything lol and I do think there is something to this.