Pagan children

JoMama

Life is good
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Strange habits: Britain's oddest youth movement – in pictures

The Kindred of the Kibbo Kift were a back-to-nature youth movement in the 1920s that wanted to build a better world. Head back in time to their tribal training camp – a riot of hooded men, homemade handicrafts, ritual dances and animal spirit chiefs

This is a history in pictures...please open link to view!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Paintman
If you notice the photo of the Glee Club, they were much ahead of their time, fashion wise. Women wore 'The Moe" and/or 'The Pete Rose' hairstyles.:)
1975---Pete-Rose-large-web.jpg

1371516183-0%20moe.jpg

maybe Boarding School haircuts
hmmmmmfffph ! My heroes, Moe and Pete Rose, would not have a boarding school haircut. bowl haircut... maybe.
Hey Jo, did you see the link at The Guardian 's Kibbo Kift article Re: the Parisian govt. housing for old folks? Sheesh, that was grand architecture. I live near Chicago, and that city gets world class architecture uber right, but those pix of Paris' 'Codger Stadiums' are neat. Anyone who lived thru 2 World Wars gets a nice place to live and a free pass. My link wont link, but if you try Jo's Guardian link it comes up..

Reactions: Debi and JoMama
We have Veterans Homes here in So Cal. My friend and fellow WAC (35yr befor me) lived there from the time it opened in 2000 until she passed last year, week befor Veterans Day at age 101.
She strted American Legion Post at the Home and was the first woman vet to move there!

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
We have Veterans Homes here in So Cal. My friend and fellow WAC (35yr befor me) lived there from the time it opened in 2000 until she passed last year, week befor Veterans Day at age 101.
She strted American Legion Post at the Home and was the first woman vet to move there!

Sgt Joan deMunbrun, WAAC/WAC 1943-45

Reactions: Debi