Package Delivery Issues

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
With so many people ordering things on line, the stories associated with package delivery issues can be eye opening. For example, my daughter had a very expensive pair of shoes delivered next door to a home under construction. No driveway, windows, or doors, but the package was left on the recently poured porch!

Tell us about you delivery snafus

I remember once when I ordered a large package of toilet paper and it was delivered somewhere West of us. I guess somebody got a nice surprise! Another time I received someone's Christmas gift by mistake. I felt badly for whomever was supposed to have gotten it.

Almost forgot the time my sister in law was told a package was delivered and we couldn't find it. Turned out they left it in the back of an old pick up truck nobody ever used that sat down at the end of the driveway next to a cornfield. Took two days to find that one.

Last week my daughter pulled into her (long) driveway to find a minivan sitting about half way up the drive. A 10-12 year old girl was carrying a large bag and walking from the front pouch toward the vehicle.

The woman driving the minivan couldn't get past my daughter's car, so she got out and walked over to talk with her. She explained she was retrieving her dinner that had been left on my daughter's porch by Grubhub. My daughter's home is the further back on a long cul-de-sac, the women lived a good 200 yards up the cul-de-sac, and there were no common numbers in their addresses.

I once ordered a pair of prescription eyeglasses. The tracking info told me that they had been delivered, but they were not in my mailbox; it was one of those multi mailbox structures that the mailman opens from the back and sticks the mail in the different boxes. It turned out that he had put my glasses in someone else's box. I asked him to kindly return and put my eyeglasses into the right box.

In 2017 I ordered a Neumann TLM 103 microphone and the new FEDEX driver delievered it.... but not to me.
I filed a complaint with the local operation and he delievered it to me later that night.
He originally delievered to to another address that was eight miles from my location.

So far (knock on wood) i have had no issues. But, i have gotten other packages that didn't belong to me lol.
Same.
I made a big long firewood pile in front of the house. So if I get a package you can't see it from the road. Heard stories about porch Pirates . It also acts as a good snow break so I don't get drifts up on the front door.