PA Crawler Report

Curious how they saw this in the dark and a 100ft back in the woods from the road. I can see making out a shape not the fact it had big black eyes and a human face. Even if there were streetlights, doubt the light would illuminate very far into the woods. Night vision binoculars? High powered spotlight? Real life Steve Austin?

Reactions: Lynne
Curious how they saw this in the dark and a 100ft back in the woods from the road. I can see making out a shape not the fact it had big black eyes and a human face. Even if there were streetlights, doubt the light would illuminate very far into the woods. Night vision binoculars? High powered spotlight? Real life Steve Austin?
Very good point Slectric, but I will say people often misjudge distances especially under stress. The thing might have been much closer than the person wants to consider. If the guy was walking at night in a dark area, he was probably carrying a flashlight. I went back and re read his description and he doesn't mention the time of day or night. His first sighting was estimated at 50 feet, that's not that far. I agree 100 feet would be a stretch but if he already was looking for it, perhaps he was just seeing the shape of it moving through the trees.

Reactions: Selectric
Very good point Slectric, but I will say people often misjudge distances especially under stress. The thing might have been much closer than the person wants to consider. If the guy was walking at night in a dark area, he was probably carrying a flashlight. I went back and re read his description and he doesn't mention the time of day or night. His first sighting was estimated at 50 feet, that's not that far. I agree 100 feet would be a stretch but if he already was looking for it, perhaps he was just seeing the shape of it moving through the trees.
I assumed it was at night as he said he only went for walks then after busy days.