Outrageous!

Benway

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Tell us something you did which was... not what was expected!
For my part:
I had a rough time starting junior school at age 7, but by the time I was 11 I was pretty popular with lots of friends only to have it all ripped away with going to secondary school. More than half my friends and all the girls I was friends with went to a different school and the class I was assigned to had about three of us from my old school and we weren't friends. It was awful.
Fast forward to age 16, passed my basic exams and going into the next stage. Once again we were split up and once again I got assigned a class group with no friends or anyone I even wanted to be friends with. But I'd grown. When I saw who I was with that first morning I excused myself 'Sorry! Really sorry, I really have to go to the loo! Sorry! I should have gone earlier! Sorry! Bye!' and walked fast down to the school's office and went up to the window. The secretary looked pretty tired with new admissions and all the paperwork of a new school year, but dutifully asked what I wanted.
'Sorry to bother you,' I said (or something like this), 'But they sent me to the wrong form group!'
'Typical!' she said, 'You would not believe the mess every year! Okay, where are you supposed to be?'
'... I'm honestly not sure now. I thought they'd deal with it! Can I look at the lists of who is in each one. Pretty sure I'll remember then.'
'Fair enough. Here you go.'
So I looked through and found the one which I really wanted to be in and said:
'Ah yes! THAT one!'
'Okay. Bloody idiots. Now I have to redo all the paperwork as usual.. If they knew half the work we do down here...' as she just crossed my name off of one list and wrote it into another.
I breezed into my new classroom with a cheery, 'Good morning! Sorry I'm late! I was on time but some idiot sent me to the wrong room...'
I was invited in and took a seat next to the girl that smiled at me and the rest is... much more fun that it would have been.

It was the single most Ferris Bueller moment of my school career.

Good thinking, Benway. Transitioning to a new school is one of the more stressful things for a youngster. I'm glad that you werw able to think quickly and come up with a solution.

Reactions: Lynne and Benway
Tell us something you did which was... not what was expected!
For my part:
I had a rough time starting junior school at age 7, but by the time I was 11 I was pretty popular with lots of friends only to have it all ripped away with going to secondary school. More than half my friends and all the girls I was friends with went to a different school and the class I was assigned to had about three of us from my old school and we weren't friends. It was awful.
Fast forward to age 16, passed my basic exams and going into the next stage. Once again we were split up and once again I got assigned a class group with no friends or anyone I even wanted to be friends with. But I'd grown. When I saw who I was with that first morning I excused myself 'Sorry! Really sorry, I really have to go to the loo! Sorry! I should have gone earlier! Sorry! Bye!' and walked fast down to the school's office and went up to the window. The secretary looked pretty tired with new admissions and all the paperwork of a new school year, but dutifully asked what I wanted.
'Sorry to bother you,' I said (or something like this), 'But they sent me to the wrong form group!'
'Typical!' she said, 'You would not believe the mess every year! Okay, where are you supposed to be?'
'... I'm honestly not sure now. I thought they'd deal with it! Can I look at the lists of who is in each one. Pretty sure I'll remember then.'
'Fair enough. Here you go.'
So I looked through and found the one which I really wanted to be in and said:
'Ah yes! THAT one!'
'Okay. Bloody idiots. Now I have to redo all the paperwork as usual.. If they knew half the work we do down here...' as she just crossed my name off of one list and wrote it into another.
I breezed into my new classroom with a cheery, 'Good morning! Sorry I'm late! I was on time but some idiot sent me to the wrong room...'
I was invited in and took a seat next to the girl that smiled at me and the rest is... much more fun that it would have been.

It was the single most Ferris Bueller moment of my school career.
Oh this is so funny and wonderful !! Love it Ben. You were so darn smart. You played human nature to the fullest that day. So perfect !!!

• Love it
Reactions: Benway
I am a color inside the lines kind of person. I don’t get outrageous very often. I had the type of job that wouldn’t allow for any nonsense on or off the job. I started in the corrections field at 18 so not much time to get silly. The universe found a way to keep me in line lol.