Our Role?

Armand

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
One of the most frequently asked questions by those on the path of awakening is: What is my purpose as an Empath?

I know only too well how frustrating it is to have this question burning unanswered within. It is also frustrating to have this incredible gift and not know what it is for or what to do with it.

Many Empaths feel they should be helping others. But because they get overwhelmed, by spending too much time around people, they don’t know how that would be possible.

It is an inbred trait for Empaths to want to be of service. And, it is often the case that the more an Empath has suffered the more they want to save others from enduring the same pain. They may look for certain vocations that will help make this possible.

But on my journey, I have come to understand that not all suffering is bad. It is often through suffering that humans evolve, awaken and start looking for a new and better path. Suffering can also be an important rite of passage into spiritual consciousness.

Everyone needs direction and purpose, no matter how evolved they are or how much they have suffered. And it is up to each to seek out that direction individually.

Even as Empaths, we are each unique, and what is right for one Empath is not right for another. Sorce - What is an Empath’s Purpose in Life?

Reactions: Aces and Charleh
One of the most frequently asked questions by those on the path of awakening is: What is my purpose as an Empath?

I know only too well how frustrating it is to have this question burning unanswered within. It is also frustrating to have this incredible gift and not know what it is for or what to do with it.

Many Empaths feel they should be helping others. But because they get overwhelmed, by spending too much time around people, they don’t know how that would be possible.

It is an inbred trait for Empaths to want to be of service. And, it is often the case that the more an Empath has suffered the more they want to save others from enduring the same pain. They may look for certain vocations that will help make this possible.

But on my journey, I have come to understand that not all suffering is bad. It is often through suffering that humans evolve, awaken and start looking for a new and better path. Suffering can also be an important rite of passage into spiritual consciousness.

Everyone needs direction and purpose, no matter how evolved they are or how much they have suffered. And it is up to each to seek out that direction individually.

Even as Empaths, we are each unique, and what is right for one Empath is not right for another. Sorce - What is an Empath’s Purpose in Life?

I actually watched this video a few weeks ago. Good stuff.

I think we’re the trailblazers meant to make the world a better place, whether we can do so on a regional or an international level, usually by means of finding ourselves in the most godless corners of the earth to be a light to the hopeless.

And you don’t need to be a famous entrepreneur and do something big like what Ashton Kutcher does
(Here he talks about his day job)
You can use what gifts and skills you have now to make a difference.

Sorce - What is an Empath’s Purpose in Life?
As I read the article and watch the video, I am asking myself "what is specific about this message that applies only to empaths ? Why do you need empathic abilities to discover your purpose, your passion in life, your need to help others ? "

She is too preachy in my opinion. A more relaxed, conversational tone would be more effective for me.
Also I think she was promoting a book or a program at the end. But I get the message more or less.

As I read the article and watch the video, I am asking myself "what is specific about this message that applies only to empaths ? Why do you need empathic abilities to discover your purpose, your passion in life, your need to help others ? "
Very good review. I felt the same. She comes off like everyone except impaths are war mongers with bad karma. That probably was not her intent but it was a bit offensive to what she would consider ordinary uninlightened people.

I actually watched this video a few weeks ago. Good stuff.

I think we’re the trailblazers meant to make the world a better place, whether we can do so on a regional or an international level, usually by means of finding ourselves in the most godless corners of the earth to be a light to the hopeless.

And you don’t need to be a famous entrepreneur and do something big like what Ashton Kutcher does
(Here he talks about his day job)
You can use what gifts and skills you have now to make a difference.
This was an amazing speech by Ashton Kutcher.

Very good review. I felt the same. She comes off like everyone except impaths are war mongers with bad karma. That probably was not her intent but it was a bit offensive to what she would consider ordinary uninlightened people.
i wouldn't call myself enlightened. maybe %10 there at best :p but i agree. it's like every single not so empathic person(everyone has empathy, even sociopaths have a "practical empathy") is evil or blind or something similar.

perhaps like she unintentionally pitched an "us against them" kind of thing.

Reactions: Lynne
She comes off like everyone except impaths are war mongers with bad karma.
No. where do you get that from? Empaths are the biggest asses in the world but the thing about Empaths we get it from those around us, the whole point is we have to fight off the negativity. it's not where I am at but I hope to be someday.
I think that maybe it but like I said to Lynne can we survive the BS? You are an Empath, I do believe that.. I also noticed as soon as Critter posted his thoughts you felt the same way. That is what Empaths do. They become those that they are surrounded by.

I love you all very much, but if you worked with me you would see a totally different person, virtually everyone there hates the place and it has been hell dealing with their attitudes but I am getting better at it.
I find myself helping others to solve problems and I truly believe that I would have never cared to do so before The bird explained to me what an Empath is.. I thought I was a unique mental case, growing up.
I hated it now I am learning to use it in words I cannot explain I do think it has triggered my sleep paralysis because I have tried my entire life to have an OBE.
sleep paralysis is the first step but it is scary as hell.

And please don't think I am trying to say Empaths are better than anyone, we are usually very depressed and angry people.

Empath or non-empath, we do all have empathy, as Charleh has said above. And Empath or not, we all have roles in the world, and skills to use. No one gift or skill is any better than another, just different in it's use. I personally did not care for this particular speaker, but if her messge speaks to you, then you were meant to see it. Sometimes, people can get so wound up in their own skill or gift set, they forget that we all have gifts of one kind or another and our gift makes us no better or worse than anyone else on this planet. My advice would be to stay humble, stay kind, judge not others.

Whatever an empath picks up from others, it's not the whole story of the person you are getting the energy from. You are picking up the main overflow of energy the person is feeling at the moment. It doesn't represent the "whole" person nor should it be considered a reflection of their soul.

As for finding our roles in the world, the BEST advice I was ever given on that subject was this: You don't have to save the world. If you can affect just your little corner of it, look at what we can all do together.