News Our "offended" story of the day...

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/target-under-fire-for-objectifying-t-shirt-for-124670935802.html

A T-shirt being sold at Target’s stores and on its website has sparked a backlash online, as many customers are claiming the top is offensive to women.

The black shirt, which has the word “trophy” in bold white letters across the front and costs $12.99, has many slamming the retailer for treating women and girls as objects. A number of customers have been posting photos of the T-shirt, which some say they spotted in the junior’s section, on social media, publicly criticizing what they say is a sexist move on Target’s part. While the shirt has reportedly been on sale since June, it’s only recently gained steam on social media.

Notable things that offend me:

1) Needless war and military aggresion.
2) Legitimate cases of sexism, racism, and other forms of prejudice.
3) Poverty and the mitigating factors which propogate it.

Notable things that do not offend me:

1) Tshirts with slightly proactive wording.

And there's a very simple solution for people who are offended by the aforementioned item of clothing : Don't buy it!

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/target-under-fire-for-objectifying-t-shirt-for-124670935802.html

A T-shirt being sold at Target’s stores and on its website has sparked a backlash online, as many customers are claiming the top is offensive to women.

The black shirt, which has the word “trophy” in bold white letters across the front and costs $12.99, has many slamming the retailer for treating women and girls as objects. A number of customers have been posting photos of the T-shirt, which some say they spotted in the junior’s section, on social media, publicly criticizing what they say is a sexist move on Target’s part. While the shirt has reportedly been on sale since June, it’s only recently gained steam on social media.

DARN.....Now I realize ALL my "trophies" in my office, going back years, (for golf, basketball, bowling, fishing, skydiving, spelling bee, physics challenge, judo, rifle competition, ballet, violin competition, tango classic, football, cheerleading, New York "Next New Model" competition, NCAA high jump champion, Big Ten 100 meter high hurdles....I could go on....but the rest are in the attic).....are to be taken as an insult.....all these years I thought those people liked me!
Well of I go to box 'em all up and off to the recycle bin ! ( would NOT thinking of insulting Goodwill or and customers there !! )

Reactions: Indigo and surge
Oh brother, what next? I'm still waiting for the government to outlaw salt, white sugar, vanilla ice-cream, and anything else white. :rolleyes:
Good thing you do NOT live in my town !!! , ever since that mayor in New York decided HUGE softdrinks are a NO NO our mayor (and his lover partner ) have been on a NO NO list of there own, and besides your mentioned weakness....even uttering the name (shhhh, in a very low sound typing) McDonalds can earn you a $128.00 citation !!!!
Just saying .....after I read a summary of the Patriot Act....I thought the Feds had gone too far but ......that was nothing compared to my town !!!

Reactions: Indigo
A new term, derived from WWII and Seinfeld, (drum roll...please)
FOOD NAZI .....
Please don't tell me now that I have now offended.....Adolph
Please don't

Reactions: Indigo
A side note from a observation of mine....SERIOUSLY
I am perfectly aware of the connotation of the term "Trophy Wife" and DO NOT find it offensive as any lady purchasing it I am confident knows what it conveys....but I do cry out from the top of a close by parking garage ....DISCRIMINATION !!!......I mean where is the male counterpart ??
You know the win that says "I am rich and stupid....for marrying a gal that is my daughter or I mean granddaughter's age"
I always figured they "deserved" each other....NOTHING like wearing matching shits with an arrow and saying " I am with STUPID"
Haha

A side note from a observation of mine....SERIOUSLY
I am perfectly aware of the connotation of the term "Trophy Wife" and DO NOT find it offensive as any lady purchasing it I am confident knows what it conveys....but I do cry out from the top of a close by parking garage ....DISCRIMINATION !!!......I mean where is the male counterpart ??
You know the win that says "I am rich and stupid....for marrying a gal that is my daughter or I mean granddaughter's age"
I always figured they "deserved" each other....NOTHING like wearing matching shits with an arrow and saying " I am with STUPID"
Haha
LOL! I agree...most women who "purchase" the title know exactly what they're getting. As for the male equivalent, you will find that with "Cougars" who wish a kept younger man. They're out there! They're known as "Cubs."

LOL! I agree...most women who "purchase" the title know exactly what they're getting. As for the male equivalent, you will find that with "Cougars" who wish a kept younger man. They're out there! They're known as "Cubs."
To that I say......grrrrrrrowl
Hahaha

Reactions: Indigo and Debi