Ouija questions

Darcy said...
"I find it very sad that adults don't understand that when you strip a child of choice, imagination, creativity, self expression, free thinking, etc... and stuff them into an empty box -- eventually you get what you created. 'sigh'. It is bad enough when the Child continues to blame the Parent. It is past ridiculous when the Parent decides to blame the Child."

There is a real reason why children are not allowed to drive cars, own guns, enter into binding legal contracts and get married. I find it very sad when parents let kids make decisions that they are not yet emotionally or intellectually mature enough to do so wisely. Not letting a kid drive a car isn't taking anything away from a child it is protecting them until they are ready in REALITY to take on that responsibility.

I see too many kids these days doing things that they are not old enough to do wisely. Little girls like to play dress up that is good. Letting a 9-year-old dress like a streetwalker and look like she is a lot older and goes out with older "friends" is asking for trouble and shirking your responsibility as their parent.

My daughter had imaginary friends that we had to be careful not to sit on, step on, or take out to eat. They had terrible manners. I always encouraged her imagination and read to her every night to offer her a love of reading. We went on adventures together and most of the time my wife felt like she was our referee and Mom to two kids as we sword fought and played around the house.

with all that said she didn't date until she was 16. There were people that she wasn't allowed to spend the night at their homes. (the Dad was a slimeball drunk and I didn't trust him.) She had chores and 2worked for me for years during the summers. Between jobs, we spent a lot of time at museums, swimming, and at the library...or we went out on the back country roads and I let her drive. We had a lot of fun. She grew into a very happy and successful adult. She CHOSE to live beside me with her family and now I have a new playmate. I took a year off work so that they could both work and catch up on the bills and kept my Grandbaby all day for the first year of her life.

They named her Danni and she spends the summers with my wife and me and lots of weekend sleepovers. My parents were a big part of her life and my daughter wanted Danni to have that too. I wasn't blaming the child in my post. I was simply stating a known fact that kids don't always make good decisions and parents need to watch over and protect the kids from this.

It bothers me that so many parents really do just store their kids in low-cost daycare. Little ones need love and physical affection and they can't get that much in an overcrowded daycare. I know that for many single-parent families this is a must but even then there are alternatives. In order for my wife to be able to be a stay at home Mom we also were a registered small daycare. We picked our kids carefully because they were more than just a job. They were part of the familly. They even had unpaid sleepovers with us so their Moms and Dads could have some free time. they went with us to my parent's house and when we ate out they went with us. When I got home from work I would have a lap just full of kids and we would have cartoon time so my wife could have a little alone time.

I love kids. I can hold and rock a baby for hours and feel a contentment that is hard to describe. People usually are surprised by this. I'm well past 6 foot tall and a big burly man. I work hard and am not a soft looking person...kids see right through me.
Tex, you make good points but I didn’t take Darcy’s post in that way. I think she was referring to discussing the supernatural. This opens their minds to what is out there and prepares them for what they might face. I don’t think she meant a child should go without guidance or restrictions on possible physical dangers. This was just my take I will let her respond.

I raised a child that could see and know things at a very young age. It was necessary to explain some things I would rather not have. I can see her point having had to deal with it. So I’m looking at her post from a different perspective.

I agree and wasn't aiming that at Darcy. It is just one of my particular pet peeves. When we kept kids it was disgusting to me at first how many people would contact us and ask two questions. "How much do you charge and what are your hours?" Based on these two questions they would drop their kids off at our house with a check and never even meet us or come into our home! They just didn't seem to care much about the welfare of their children. We quickly found that the children of this sort of parents were more trouble than the money was worth to us and we learned to interview our parents and kids before including them into our family. In the end, we had about 5 wonderful little brothers and sisters for my daughter to play with and learn to love.

Don't misunderstand me Tex... The subject was Quija and the discussion I was Speaking of was Spiritual. Nurturing Spiritual Awareness instead of slapping it clean out of a kids head. That Box. My point was Children are far more advanced Spiritually then the Parents because they are still FREELY Connected to The Great Mystery. The problem is Adults are too dimwitted or freely clueless to know that... Spiritually.

I don't believe that children are more advanced spiritually. They are just without the defenses and barriers that adults develop over time. This openness allows them to sense and experience things that later in life they would filter out. To me, that openness is a two-edged sword. On the one hand, it can be advantageous to experience some of these things. On the other side sometimes it opens them too much less advantageous possible connections.

I watched my daughter carefully and had she shown the signs of special abilities I would have seen to her education. That education would not have included her playing unsupervised with things that are intended to open contact with unknown other possible realms. I was fairly fortunate but even with that I suffered a lot of problems because I didn't have guidance when I was very young and having what I always thought of as "memories of the future". that is what it was like to me. I would clearly "remember" things that had not yet come to pass.

Honestly, I was in school before I understood that other people didn't do this. I also had very poor eyesight and didn't know that other people saw a MUCH different world than I did. A child always assumes that what they see and experience is normal until they learn better. I learned to keep my mouth SHUT. If I said anything I was made to feel like I somehow caused it to happen by speaking it. I was even accused of doing it later when it happened.

Kids NEED guidance. kids with unusual abilities especially need supervision, support, and guidance. Letting them guide themselves can so easily lead to them wandering into the wrong places, drawing invalid conclusions based on misunderstood things, and often kids trust the wrong people and things because they lack the experience to properly judge things.

If a kid has special abilities they will need more help than regular kids. They are going to see things and see them differently than other kids their age. This can end up making them feel isolated. They will begin to wonder if the things that they see are real or if they are going crazy. Unfortunately, it seems that these abilities often skip generations and if the parents lack the sight they are not going to be very helpful to the child. In the past families were more multigenerational than they are now and the older people often were more supportive and understanding than the parents. Now people scatter all over the country and kids seldom see their older relatives except for holidays or short visits.

Fortunately, now there are other places like this where young people can find the support and understanding that was totally absent when I was a kid. Back then even books about this sort of thing were rare and in general, frowned upon by parents when their kids showed an "unhealthy" interest in the evil occult things.

I don't believe that children are more advanced spiritually. They ar just without the defenses and barriers that adults develop over time. This openness allows them to sense and experience things that later in life they would filter out. To me, that openness is a two-edged sword. On the one hand, it can be advantageous to experience some of these things. On the other side sometimes it opens them too much less advantageous possible connections.

I think we are coming down to case of 'semantics' in this discussion Tex. That is pretty much the only difference in what you and I are saying. It is not at all unusual for me to be misinterpreted but I try to make very sure I am not misunderstood. If you See. Because the way I say things does not alter the INTENT of my belief's... those remain always very solid, stubborn, and viable. Agree or disagree. So, I think you and I are circling a pole here. But, that's good too... critical thinking is a fine way to spend time.

Children ARE more advanced Spiritually then adults. It doesn't matter WHY Adults are less Spiritual. Walls and Defenses and Barriers may be a just cause, but the cause is not relevant. The FACT is relevant. I am hoping that this is where Semantics becomes all that separate's us.. When I say Spiritual you assume Paranormal. I mean Connected to The Creator as is All Creation.. unless and until said Creation freely walks away. Not spooks and ghosts and demons. Not mediumship or physic abilities of any kind. Spiritual in my House is Natural. The bad stuff come's when you lose that connection to The Spiritual.

This view or semantics of Spiritual you are giving is to me a Human thing... brainwashed into Humanity since forever by darkness. That all Spiritual is a double-edged sword. NO. Light is Light and Dark is Dark. They are NOT a duality of one another. They are repellent of one another. There is NO connection. In my semantics of SPIRITUAL, darkness can not exist. Darkness is Not Spiritual it is Void of Spiritual.

The First Lie IS and WAS - that once we are born here on EARTH we no longer Walk with The Creator and the Protection is gone. The Creator is just gone and you're screwed so let us tell you whats what and we (human God/Kings) will protect you. Come along now. No use looking back. God is mad at you. He has turned his back on you. And you deserve it... but follow us and we'll see if we can get you a ticket back in some day... hurry now, you are wide open to all kinds of nasty stuff without us. Original sin. To me that is void of Spiritual and filled with nothing - darkness - void. No Spiritual in there... if you See what I am meaning.

HUMAN Spirituality can, has, and continues to be .. not only standing still but actually Devolving. That is not on the Children until they become the Adults. I Do Absolutely Believe In Total Faith That Original Sin is a CROCK of - well - the vilest thing you can think of... which leads us back to protection and guidance. The protection is from what WE have created and the guidance will only be valuable if we become Spiritual again. Otherwise it's just the blind leading the innocent until eventually it is the blind leading the blind.

And I have Proof! Whatchaaa! :bookmarktab: Tex gave it to me. :)

I watched my daughter carefully and had she shown the signs of special abilities I would have seen to her education. That education would not have included her playing unsupervised with things that are intended to open contact with unknown other possible realms. I was fairly fortunate but even with that I suffered a lot of problems because I didn't have guidance when I was very young and having what I always thought of as "memories of the future". that is what it was like to me. I would clearly "remember" things that had not yet come to pass.

Honestly, I was in school before I understood that other people didn't do this. I also had very poor eyesight and didn't know that other people saw a MUCH different world than I did. A child always assumes that what they see and experience is normal until they learn better. I learned to keep my mouth SHUT. If I said anything I was made to feel like I somehow caused it to happen by speaking it. I was even accused of doing it later when it happened.

"Normal until they LEARN better"- and Learn they do... I was you. I know all about this thing. I'm not over it and I have every intention of smiting some stuff if The Guardians of Light will just let go of my Sword 'tugs'. lol -- no, I'm serious... but that is another story for another day.

What we have here Tex, is a Man (YOU) who is capable of Guiding because he is a SPIRITUAL Being now and was then and before then, DESPITE the best efforts of ADULTS. The great sadness in this is, this guidance has to include protecting your child from cruelty and darkness that general society will heap upon her if she is Seen. I was you in this also. With my own children. And that has been added to the list.

So I hope that I have made myself some what better understood here. My children are grown now and Spiritually Strong, raising Grand Children that will be even Stronger. The Circle continues and I am Sure in That. And you should be too.

This Grandmother spends half her time in front of the Teepee grinding corn and watching Life move around and through and this way and that... and the other half of her time - She spends making sure her Sword is sharp sharp sharp -- there is work to done and I'm going to be there. Righteously Indignant. And that Sword has NO DOUBLE EDGE either... This is what I mean when I say... As for Me and My House, We will Stand With The Children... :mad:

I meant no disrespect Tex. I have thoroughly enjoyed our discussion... but I find that others are sometimes not so inclined... to spar. If that is you, just ignore me. I won't go away... but you can pretend that I did. :seenoevil:

Last edited:
Yeah I agree never mess with a spirit board. Alot of ppl IMO think it is harmless but you don't know who you are talking to. And it is not the board that brings them it is the players.
You are opening yourself up for activity. Some ppl have reported immediate activity, where others have reported nothing happening until years later. Especially if it is on the darker side of what came through they normally wait until something good is going on in your life is when they will strike.

I ALWAYS associate ouija boards with the Exorcist! That movie put me off using them for life! However I still have a weird fascination for them, lol! I love watching movies based around ouija boards. I also love watching shows like Most Haunted when they use boards or hold seances.

The thing is I would class myself as a sceptic, but I still love anything paranormal. It's just so fascinating.

I actually had a chance at buying a cheap OB, at a bookstore sale. I wanted it but if I used it and something happened I would have crapped my pants. I would be very careful using one.

If anything like Captain Howdy came from using the board...OMG!!!

Reactions: Fizz
I ALWAYS associate ouija boards with the Exorcist! That movie put me off using them for life! However I still have a weird fascination for them, lol! I love watching movies based around ouija boards. I also love watching shows like Most Haunted when they use boards or hold seances.

The thing is I would class myself as a sceptic, but I still love anything paranormal. It's just so fascinating.

I actually had a chance at buying a cheap OB, at a bookstore sale. I wanted it but if I used it and something happened I would have crapped my pants. I would be very careful using one.

If anything like Captain Howdy came from using the board...OMG!!!
Hi Kat. We’re all here on this forum because we are interested in these topics. Ouija boards and other divination devices must be used with knowledge and care. Remember it’s like opening your front door and calling in a total stranger. It is my opinion that they should only be used in the hands of experienced people. Even then I personally don’t like them. You can read many testimonies here about attachments and activity linked to teen curiosity with Ouija boards.

Spend some time walking the halls here. Debi has amassed a lot of interesting stuff to read through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fizz
I'm not going to jump on the "No Touching Ouija!" bandwagon. For an experienced trained, and gifted user, it can become an excellent tool, but pretty much if you have the gift, you don't need the tool. It's like tarot- if you can read tarot and have that gift, you can learn to tap into the 'reading' without using the cards as a divining tool.
BUT if you don't know what you're doing, or you're just "playing" with it, it can be a bit dangerous.

From what you experienced, though, it sounds to me like you contacted a spirit, all right. A guardian spirit or angel of one of you who was using the board, who shut down the session to ensure that nothing else can get through. I've heard of this happening before. Be grateful! :)

Reactions: Lynne and Fizz
I'm not going to jump on the "No Touching Ouija!" bandwagon. For an experienced trained, and gifted user, it can become an excellent tool, but pretty much if you have the gift, you don't need the tool. It's like tarot- if you can read tarot and have that gift, you can learn to tap into the 'reading' without using the cards as a divining tool.
BUT if you don't know what you're doing, or you're just "playing" with it, it can be a bit dangerous.

From what you experienced, though, it sounds to me like you contacted a spirit, all right. A guardian spirit or angel of one of you who was using the board, who shut down the session to ensure that nothing else can get through. I've heard of this happening before. Be grateful! :)
good points !