Ouija questions

I do agree with you that the "pack" mentality can come into play here, or that someone who is very manipulative or overpowering can use a tool such as this to sway others to their "game' or way of control... but I wouldn't call this just a "cheap toy meant for kids"... it has been around for many, many, years and is more of a tool than a toy....lol....perhaps a tool marketed as a toy, but a tool none the less.... if you give a child a lug wrench and teach them how to use it, you may get your tires changed, if you give them a lug wrench as a toy, you may find yourself driving and have a tire fly off.....lol... see the difference.
Well stated Paul.

Reactions: Donna K. and Paulm
I'm not sure that it is ever a good idea to open yourself to unknown influences unless you have barriers and strength to handle outside influences. Even the good seeming influences can turn out wrong. To me, it isn't really the ouija board that is at fault. They are just cheaply made toys mostly for kids. It is the KIDS of all ages that are the problem. Young kids are especially easily influenced by rather nebulous leadership.

Well. No. I don't agree here. First and foremost, very young children are quite capable of dealing with the FACT of otherworldly influences because they haven't established THIS Reality as THE Reality. Have very young children been assaulted by darkness? Yes. Have very young children Protector's from such darkness? Yes. The problem come's when the adults and environment around them deny any and all of this. IF these force's are not 'real' then neither Light nor dark truly exists. Anddd the march towards Un-Spiritualizing the Spiritual begins. So demonizing the "kids of all ages" as the problem doesn't work for me. I have not decided if I believe in inherent evil so I won't go there... so I'll go here ... Children are always Affected and Shaped by Environment. The more desensitized to 'reality' as a CONCEPT, the more they will rebel. Why not mess with stuff? None of it is real, right?

I find it very sad that adults don't understand that when you strip a child of choice, imagination, creativity, self expression, free thinking, etc... and stuff them into an empty box -- eventually you get what you created. 'sigh'. It is bad enough when the Child continues to blame the Parent. It is past ridiculous when the Parent decides to blame the Child.

Here is what I find. Children who have adults in their lives that DON'T strip them of all Magic and Mystery but DO honestly explain CONSEQUENCES ... HONESTLY... not when you die stuff... or I'll take your toys stuff... or I'll beat the crap out of you stuff... These Children tend to uphold a greater Light and Spirit and sense of self-responsibility then those who are forced into conformity. But... This is just my opinion. And not a particularly popular one in today's 2019 Reality.

I do agree with you that the "pack" mentality can come into play here, or that someone who is very manipulative or overpowering can use a tool such as this to sway others to their "game' or way of control... but I wouldn't call this just a "cheap toy meant for kids"... it has been around for many, many, years and is more of a tool than a toy....lol....perhaps a tool marketed as a toy, but a tool none the less.... if you give a child a lug wrench and teach them how to use it, you may get your tires changed, if you give them a lug wrench as a toy, you may find yourself driving and have a tire fly off.....lol... see the difference.

What Paulm said. All of it.

I agree with Darcey, children can understand most things if we put things in simple terms. It’s important to teach that the Ouija is not a toy and is a real tool that can be dangerous in the best of hands.

Last edited:
Darcy said...
"I find it very sad that adults don't understand that when you strip a child of choice, imagination, creativity, self expression, free thinking, etc... and stuff them into an empty box -- eventually you get what you created. 'sigh'. It is bad enough when the Child continues to blame the Parent. It is past ridiculous when the Parent decides to blame the Child."

There is a real reason why children are not allowed to drive cars, own guns, enter into binding legal contracts and get married. I find it very sad when parents let kids make decisions that they are not yet emotionally or intellectually mature enough to do so wisely. Not letting a kid drive a car isn't taking anything away from a child it is protecting them until they are ready in REALITY to take on that responsibility.

I see too many kids these days doing things that they are not old enough to do wisely. Little girls like to play dress up that is good. Letting a 9-year-old dress like a streetwalker and look like she is a lot older and goes out with older "friends" is asking for trouble and shirking your responsibility as their parent.

My daughter had imaginary friends that we had to be careful not to sit on, step on, or take out to eat. They had terrible manners. I always encouraged her imagination and read to her every night to offer her a love of reading. We went on adventures together and most of the time my wife felt like she was our referee and Mom to two kids as we sword fought and played around the house.

with all that said she didn't date until she was 16. There were people that she wasn't allowed to spend the night at their homes. (the Dad was a slimeball drunk and I didn't trust him.) She had chores and 2worked for me for years during the summers. Between jobs, we spent a lot of time at museums, swimming, and at the library...or we went out on the back country roads and I let her drive. We had a lot of fun. She grew into a very happy and successful adult. She CHOSE to live beside me with her family and now I have a new playmate. I took a year off work so that they could both work and catch up on the bills and kept my Grandbaby all day for the first year of her life.

They named her Danni and she spends the summers with my wife and me and lots of weekend sleepovers. My parents were a big part of her life and my daughter wanted Danni to have that too. I wasn't blaming the child in my post. I was simply stating a known fact that kids don't always make good decisions and parents need to watch over and protect the kids from this.

It bothers me that so many parents really do just store their kids in low-cost daycare. Little ones need love and physical affection and they can't get that much in an overcrowded daycare. I know that for many single-parent families this is a must but even then there are alternatives. In order for my wife to be able to be a stay at home Mom we also were a registered small daycare. We picked our kids carefully because they were more than just a job. They were part of the familly. They even had unpaid sleepovers with us so their Moms and Dads could have some free time. they went with us to my parent's house and when we ate out they went with us. When I got home from work I would have a lap just full of kids and we would have cartoon time so my wife could have a little alone time.

I love kids. I can hold and rock a baby for hours and feel a contentment that is hard to describe. People usually are surprised by this. I'm well past 6 foot tall and a big burly man. I work hard and am not a soft looking person...kids see right through me.

I wouldn't use one. I've been to several places where there was an 'imprint' left behind where one was used, and it tends to stir up any activity there or even cause it in the first place.
Lots of people report seeing shadow figures after they are used.

Reactions: Donna K.
With kids, I'm seriously not sure where their imagination ends and their reality begins. I know that when I was a child I had some problems with this. I was sporadically clairvoyant and the line between imagination and the reality of some of the things that I experienced didn't match up. When I said anything I was told that I was imagining things and then when they came to pass I was kind of treated like I had caused it by saying it before it happened.

There are "things" and people out there that can and will lead a kid into places that they are not emotionally stable enough yet to handle. I'm not really sold on the ouija boards offering a connection to other realms. what may be happening is that one of the people involved is influencing the results either based on conscious or subconscious beliefs OR one of them may be channeling.

With kids, I'm seriously not sure where their imagination ends and their reality begins. I know that when I was a child I had some problems with this. I was sporadically clairvoyant and the line between imagination and the reality of some of the things that I experienced didn't match up. When I said anything I was told that I was imagining things and then when they came to pass I was kind of treated like I had caused it by saying it before it happened.

There are "things" and people out there that can and will lead a kid into places that they are not emotionally stable enough yet to handle. I'm not really sold on the ouija boards offering a connection to other realms. what may be happening is that one of the people involved is influencing the results either based on conscious or subconscious beliefs OR one of them may be channeling.
We're of an age, Dan. You and I come from the days when talk of such "nonsense" was treated just as that...with some fear and the overall approach of proper people don't discuss this kind of thing. I was lucky and was raised by a Native father who had gifts and recognized them as real, but who also cautioned me to "keep it quiet" so people didn't think you were the cause or crazy.

As for the Ouija Board....I have spent a lot of my lifetime looking/working with/training under mentors on that tool, and I will tell you I won't touch the thing anymore. It's not the board per say, but the intention of design and intention of people using it. I've explained my understanding of it many times here, and as an old Strega Wiccan type, (very Evelyn Paglini in beliefs), I respect the tool but caution those who try to wield the planchette. It's like handing a sword to a two year old and saying go see what happens, IMO.

To some extent even when I take out the occult possibilities the way an Ouija board is used is a lot like opening your home to strangers. You just don't know who you might be letting in. I say this and openly have admitted that I have sought out the strange and unexplained most of my life. Tarot cards offer you a similar way to peek into other things without the same risk.

You are right Debi, we come from a different time. What I found when I was very young was that the older people back then were much different from the people of my parent's generation. They took for granted things that my parent's more "enlightened" generation scoffed at. My Great Grandfather witched water wells for people and would also witch a wart off of you.

I knew a lot of little old ladies that read tea leaves and were very in touch with the less physical world. At times my...oddness seemed to be something that was attractive to them. I liked old people and would visit them and listen to there stories for hours.

Their magic was all white magic. mostly it revolved around healing magic and herbal remedies. they were special people the likes of which just didn't transfer to my parent's generation even though there were signs in their families down both lines.

There is a real reason why children are not allowed to drive cars, own guns, enter into binding legal contracts and get married. I find it very sad when parents let kids make decisions that they are not yet emotionally or intellectually mature enough to do so wisely. Not letting a kid drive a car isn't taking anything away from a child it is protecting them until they are ready in REALITY to take on that responsibility.

Don't misunderstand me Tex... The subject was Quija and the discussion I was Speaking of was Spiritual. Nurturing Spiritual Awareness instead of slapping it clean out of a kids head. That Box. My point was Children are far more advanced Spiritually then the Parents because they are still FREELY Connected to The Great Mystery. The problem is Adults are to dimwitted or freely clueless to know that... Spiritually.

with all that said she didn't date until she was 16. There were people that she wasn't allowed to spend the night at their homes. (the Dad was a slimeball drunk and I didn't trust him.) She had chores and 2worked for me for years during the summers. Between jobs, we spent a lot of time at museums, swimming, and at the library...or we went out on the back country roads and I let her drive. We had a lot of fun. She grew into a very happy and successful adult. She CHOSE to live beside me with her family and now I have a new playmate. I took a year off work so that they could both work and catch up on the bills and kept my Grandbaby all day for the first year of her life.

I see too many kids these days doing things that they are not old enough to do wisely. Little girls like to play dress up that is good. Letting a 9-year-old dress like a streetwalker and look like she is a lot older and goes out with older "friends" is asking for trouble and shirking your responsibility as their parent.

The first quote is a given. In these things it is to the parents to teach the child self-responsibility and consequences.

The second quote is my exact meaning of Spiritual Consequence... I am saying that if a Child is brought up with SELF WORTH these peer pressures are less likely to occur. That does not have to do with what YOU the Parent think of them it is what The Child thinks of their self. Self Worth come's by allowing a Child a Voice. Rules and Regulations are fine. But many Parents that are strident in them don't achieve a perfect child who won't rebel. MANY. If the child is on the street looking like a street walker because everyone else is doing it, they lack SELF WORTH. Not necessarily bad parenting, just stupid parenting. Parents do have to work... it takes two salaries to raise a family... doesn't matter the I wish it were different it is what it is in THIS Reality. They DON'T have to become disconnected... just like you say. That is a Parents job. To Guide -- Not mold in their image.

The Adults have shaped, strengthened, and solidified, the REALITY these Children are born into. It is a Parents Job to raise a Child who will reshape that Reality and move Spiritually Forward. It is a Parents job to understand that they may hold more wisdom in THIS Reality, but the Circle is made to be turned over to the Child. We in this NOW society can't handle that at all. All our own Self Worth is wrapped up here. So, we blame the Child who is living OUR reality which as is The Cycle of All Creation - suppose to FALL/Die so it can be REBORN. THAT is Spiritual. Each generation becomes more constipated in their absolute Rightness And Soveignity over Reality. That is a sickness. A Spiritual Sickness. I hate to hear the Parents and Adults of 2019 down-talking what they themselves have created by stripping the Children of SELF WORTH and denying them their Rightful Place on The Wheel. I don't care the opinion of any other. As for Me and My House, We Will Stand With The Child. Look around you. They certainly couldn't be any stupider or lazier Spiritually then US. Frightened to let go. Frightened to admit the mess. Frightened to take responsibility for the empty pile of nothing we are Gun ho to hang on to.

Spiritual Constipation not only backs YOU up but those behind you who would move forward in the Adventure of The Mystery.

Spiritually Speaking.