Other Sirius Stations

Seahunter

AKA "Roy"
Reaction score
I know a lot of us got Sirius for just one show, but there are some good channels on Sirius. I thought I would see what you've found.

I have been enjoying channel 82 - RadioClassics - Classic Radio Shows
There are some great programs on there. Today I listened to Earth Abides from Escape - Excellent post-apocalyptic Sci-Fi story. Then there are ones like Johnny Dollar, Gunsmoke, all kinds of neat programs.

What do you like??

Reactions: maryals
Radio Classics is great. I got into XM in 2009 I believe. For best XM experience you will need an XM radio, the apps from my experience are junk. You can buy a radio cheap on craigslist, sometimes SiriusXM offers them for free or at a great discount. Set up is super easy! I have 4 radios, only 3 subscriptions though. Only one I have paid more than $20 for. If you look around you can get an XMP3 for around 170 new. It has record features. I record alot of songs and programs like Arts show. As far and other stations I listen to, I love NASCAR, and NFL, so I listen to all the races with some in-car audio, and you can listen to every NFL game. During work I listen to mostly country stations. XMfan dot com is a great resource for any SiriusXM related questions! Sorry I hi-jacked this thread, but I been reading on FB so many people complaining about SiriusXM apps.

Radio Classics is great. I got into XM in 2009 I believe. For best XM experience you will need an XM radio, the apps from my experience are junk. You can buy a radio cheap on craigslist, sometimes SiriusXM offers them for free or at a great discount. Set up is super easy! I have 4 radios, only 3 subscriptions though. Only one I have paid more than $20 for. If you look around you can get an XMP3 for around 170 new. It has record features. I record alot of songs and programs like Arts show. As far and other stations I listen to, I love NASCAR, and NFL, so I listen to all the races with some in-car audio, and you can listen to every NFL game. During work I listen to mostly country stations. XMfan dot com is a great resource for any SiriusXM related questions! Sorry I hi-jacked this thread, but I been reading on FB so many people complaining about SiriusXM apps.
Yeah, I've been listening on my internet radio, and also just online, not via a phone. One with a record feature would be excellent, thanks for that tip!

So far I've only "Favored" various Music channels: 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, Sinatra, 2 of the Classic Music Stations, 1 of the Jazz Stations, Vocal Pop, On Broadway and Cinemagic. I could chose Favorite on a lot more, the music choices are wonderful. OH and of course I have the Indy Channel among my faves.
I've been thinking of getting a radio, but, I love being able to music surf during commercial breaks, and that's easy to do when it's right here on my lap top, on my lap.
We'll see.....

Reactions: Seahunter
For some reason, we can't get Sirius/XM on our car radio. My son even went to an Audio Specialty Store, he wanted to buy the newest radio etc...audio system it's called? for The Hummer. We were told that Sirius/XM doesn't connect to vehicles up here in Alaska, doesn't know exactly why.

So far I've only "Favored" various Music channels: 1960's, 1970's, 1980's, Sinatra, 2 of the Classic Music Stations, 1 of the Jazz Stations, Vocal Pop, On Broadway and Cinemagic. I could chose Favorite on a lot more, the music choices are wonderful. OH and of course I have the Indy Channel among my faves.
I've been thinking of getting a radio, but, I love being able to music surf during commercial breaks, and that's easy to do when it's right here on my lap top, on my lap.
We'll see.....
I love the decade stations too - '60's through '80's. If you like those, check out channel 25 (Classic Rewind), and channel 26 (Classic Vinyl).