Organizations, Training, and Insurance

ouch...yep, that's why I don't carry appendix set ups....rather carry on the side or around back, too much in the front I would rather not lose, lol.....also why I don't care for glock or really any gun that don't have an external safety...
Yeah, I believe appendix carry would be my last choice for carry.

Reactions: jadamz
Curious what you all think of this.. This guy is Jason Hanson.....

Jason is the "real deal", and his books are quite interesting and informational. As with any training/information, it is only the 1st step. BUT, it is a good 1st step. Once you learn the basics, then the needed repeated practice must follow. But again, Jason's books are valuable tools.

Jason is the "real deal", and his books are quite interesting and informational. As with any training/information, it is only the 1st step. BUT, it is a good 1st step. Once you learn the basics, then the needed repeated practice must follow. But again, Jason's books are valuable tools.
I have a lot of his stuff...lots of good ideas and I have the self defence pen he suggests too and quite a lot of other stuff he suggests

I have a lot of his stuff...lots of good ideas and I have the self defence pen he suggests too and quite a lot of other stuff he suggests
Some people really look down on self-defense pens. I think it is a matter of not knowing how to use one effectively. With proper training, a durable pen or other small item can be very useful in a bad situation.

Reactions: NobleHouse
Some people really look down on self-defense pens. I think it is a matter of not knowing how to use one effectively. With proper training, a durable pen or other small item can be very useful in a bad situation.
knowing how to use the tool and proper training is everything. with the proper training anything can be a weapon.
but when it comes to weapons like this, pens, knives, clubs, etc... hand to hand is a brutal, exhausting, violent situation to be in., my biggest problem with ppl who "sell" this kind of info / product, is that they don't stress enough the "mindset" required for this type of encounter. ..without the training all these tools are useless, without the proper "mindset", you are also at a disadvantage and are now playing catch up. when engaged in hand to hand you have to go from being the prey to being the predator in a split second...not many ppl have that ability without extensive training, hand to hand is not what you want, that's why its so important to always be aware of your surroundings and environment.

knowing how to use the tool and proper training is everything. with the proper training anything can be a weapon.
but when it comes to weapons like this, pens, knives, clubs, etc... hand to hand is a brutal, exhausting, violent situation to be in., my biggest problem with ppl who "sell" this kind of info / product, is that they don't stress enough the "mindset" required for this type of encounter. ..without the training all these tools are useless, without the proper "mindset", you are also at a disadvantage and are now playing catch up. when engaged in hand to hand you have to go from being the prey to being the predator in a split second...not many ppl have that ability without extensive training, hand to hand is not what you want, that's why its so important to always be aware of your surroundings and environment.
Excellent points, Paul. You're absolutely right about mindset. People need to realize that they are in a life and death situation. They must decide that they have to do WHATEVER it takes to be the one to go home. There are no "cheap shots" or "dirty shots" in life and death, and you must be willing to make that decision, as you state. You can't be afraid to hurt the bad guy! They have determined to violate you, so you have to do whatever it takes to regain the upper hand, just like Paul states.

I've improvised a few self defense items when I was in situations weapons were a no go.
1st was always a pen.
2nd was a credit card that didn't work. I use a fingernail file to file down a bit less than half the length of the credit card and then almost or all of the short side. It's called a chisel grind and done right it can be very sharp.

Reactions: Lynne
I've improvised a few self defense items when I was in situations weapons were a no go.
1st was always a pen.
2nd was a credit card that didn't work. I use a fingernail file to file down a bit less than half the length of the credit card and then almost or all of the short side. It's called a chisel grind and done right it can be very sharp.
clever things to carry and no one would be the wiser.

Reactions: K9-1