Orange Ball over NM

Thanks for posting the photo. I can see what looks like a candle as you described, but I can also see what looks like robed, sort of Biblical figure. Probably pareidolia. I also agree with your daughter, I think drone fits the best.
The version I posted is actually typically fuzzy like pictures are in this subject, I hoped it would be better. What I saw was a bright yellowish orange circle around a candle with flame. My daughter said she has seen the orange round lights since and they move like a drone. I think someone was testing some kind of drone projector.

Reactions: Duke
The version I posted is actually typically fuzzy like pictures are in this subject, I hoped it would be better. What I saw was a bright yellowish orange circle around a candle with flame. My daughter said she has seen the orange round lights since and they move like a drone. I think someone was testing some kind of drone projector.
I spent a fair amount of time TDY to Kirtland AFB, but most of it with their combat search and rescue schoolhouse guys. I do know they do, or at least did, a lot of laser work there. So if that is some sort of projection or hologram, Kirtland would be a reasonable place to develop/test the technology.

Thanks again for posting the photo.

Reactions: JahaRa
There are a couple of places in that YT video where the ball does a funny flicker and almost winks out. They're at 0:30 and 0:33 as it passes some clouds.

There are a couple of places in that YT video where the ball does a funny flicker and almost winks out. They're at 0:30 and 0:33 as it passes some clouds.
Good eye, crux. I saw that as well, but I believe both instances were the result of the orange ball passing behind power lines that momentarily blocked it from the camera. It's not a flame/pyro flicker I'm use to seeing with lanterns.

Reactions: JahaRa
Good eye, crux. I saw that as well, but I believe both instances were the result of the orange ball passing behind power lines that momentarily blocked it from the camera. It's not a flame/pyro flicker I'm use to seeing with lanterns.
Which makes it obvious this light was flying low and not very high so the size of it maight be determined.

I've seen the white/silver ones. They are most definitely not of human origin. On Skinwalker Ranch, the apparent diameter grew noticeably as it got closer, then got smaller after it passed overhead and retreated. It had a physical size, they are not point sources. Either vehicle-sized and a few hundred feet high at most, or huge and miles high. I am going with the former based on what I saw and... "other factors".

Reactions: Debi