Orange Ball over NM

There are several "ball" type videos popping up out there and I am not sure which are new. There's blue ones, pink ones, white ones, and this orange one, which happened to have the best video.

So, what do you guys think of all these ball type reports of late?

This is one of the more interesting fireball type videos I've seen. Assuming the video is being shown in real time, unless there are hellacious winds alot, it looks too fast to be a lantern. It's also too steady, no flickering.

It could be a drone, but the light looks to be pyrotechnic, as opposed to electric/LED. Assuming the timing of video as shown is accurate, 45 seconds is longer than drone pyrotechnics/fireworks I've seen last. Some new light kit, maybe?

It also looks a bit like a military jet engaging it afterburner(s), but again the length of the burn seems longer than usual (unless it's a true emergency.) Also if an a/c was close enough see the afterburner(s) that brightly, they would have heard them.

It could be sunlight reflecting off an aircraft, I've seen reflections that bright off a/c at twilight from the setting sun. Not sure that's a good answer here, however, as the ball doesn't seem to be high enough.

If I had to guess, I'd say a drone with either some LED fancy light kit, or slow burning pyros.

I checked the date and my daughter got a photo of that orange ball when it was "hovering" over the mountains close to her house. I enlarged it to see if there was detail and it was a projection of a candle, not anything flying over. It disappeared shortly after she photographed it. Very weird, but I think someone was playing with some new kind of holographic equipment. Albuquerque is home to Kirtland Airforce Base and Sandia Labs. Also more PHD scientists per capita than any other city in the U.S. The University of New Mexico has the best engineering college than any public university as well. (because of Sandia Labs & Los Alamos Labs)

I checked the date and my daughter got a photo of that orange ball when it was "hovering" over the mountains close to her house. I enlarged it to see if there was detail and it was a projection of a candle, not anything flying over. It disappeared shortly after she photographed it. Very weird, but I think someone was playing with some new kind of holographic equipment. Albuquerque is home to Kirtland Airforce Base and Sandia Labs. Also more PHD scientists per capita than any other city in the U.S. The University of New Mexico has the best engineering college than any public university as well. (because of Sandia Labs & Los Alamos Labs)
Can you post that enlarged photo here?

Can you post that enlarged photo here?
I will have to copy it to Photo Bucket I think to get it the right size. I looked and it is on my phone. I will copy it to my computer and try to load it, and if it is too large I will put it on photbucket.

I will have to copy it to Photo Bucket I think to get it the right size. I looked and it is on my phone. I will copy it to my computer and try to load it, and if it is too large I will put it on photbucket.
Thank you.

Reactions: JahaRa
I was wrong about the date. The photo my daughter sent me was taken June 30, 2022

Attachments

• IMG_6432.jpeg
    IMG_6432.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 57
My daughter told me she thinks it was a drone. She has seen similar things since and they tend to drop towards the ground like a drone landing.

My daughter told me she thinks it was a drone. She has seen similar things since and they tend to drop towards the ground like a drone landing.
Thanks for posting the photo. I can see what looks like a candle as you described, but I can also see what looks like robed, sort of Biblical figure. Probably pareidolia. I also agree with your daughter, I think drone fits the best.

Reactions: JahaRa