Operation Thicket Probe II, Saratoga Texas 2006. Part 1.

Tworivers71

Bigfoot Researcher
Reaction score
History: This is the same outing as the Saratoga ghost lights event.

At the time of this outing, TEXLA was not yet formed. We were still in the TBRC. In fact, this is the outing where I met all the future TEXLA members, Bruce, Bob and my best friend, Scott. I'm dividing this into 3 parts because so much happened. Our leader Daryl is Ex-military and as such, we operated as such. It was really cool. I was on Team Charlie. I missed Thicket probe I, due to Hurricane Katrina.
I was literally heading that way till the Storm of the Century hit, and 1/2 of La was leaving as well.
As this took place 17 years ago, I will try my best to get this right.

There are 3 rivers in SE Texas, all of them, are hot with Bigfoot activity. The Angelina, The Trinity and especially, the Neches. I have been of several outings along the Neches and was always amazed at all the wood knocks we would hear. On this outing, the 1st night, Team Charlie was camped literally on the Trinity. Mike Street, a former Special forces guy, was with us. Dude was hard....core! He slept on the beach, on the sand, with his dog Spec and a small, light blanket in 35 degree temps! This night was relatively uneventful with maybe 1 or 2 possible knocks.

The second day and night was a much different story. We were in the Lance Rosier in the Big Thicket. The Big Thicket is named correctly, as it is some insanely thick woods. The Big Thicket is a Legend in of itself. Legends of 50' snakes, other cryptids and Bigfoot activity Galore!!! During the day, we hiked all the fire breaks/ Sendero's, from marker #9.

That night during Night ops, stuff started happening.....We, team Charlie, were posted at the "crossroads".
We were a listening post there. Which was a fire break where "9 crossed another. The crossroads is a little over a mile walk....... In the pitch dark......in... the thicket......get it?? Spooky...is a grotesque Understatement! BTW, you Cannot just walk in there and do this!!! You have to have a permit... from the forest service.
So, as we are at the crossroads, it was myself, Mike Street and Mike Mayes and Becky. I had my night vision scope. I was using Mikes $3000 Gen 3 scope...Awesome! Green daylight! We began hearing movement from 3 different areas. One area we were hearing was right there in front of us in the NE corner of the crossroad. Mike sent his dog, spec, to go investigate. Spec took off then shortly, came running back, with his tail between his legs! Mike tried to send him back but he wouldn't go back. Mike said he's never done that before. Whatever was in there, Spec wanted no part of it.

Daryl was setup in the parking area near #9 call blasting. We heard what sounded like a clear howl. Street radioed Daryl and asked him why he broadcasted, without telling us! Daryl said he hadn't yet started! Then Daryl said they heard a vocal. then, a little while later, he radioed and said something.....was circling their location about 40 yards out in the pitch darkness. He reported back that the "thing" was still circling their location at the parking area. When they would shine a light, the movement would cease. They never saw anything. At nights end, we started back for marker #9. About halfway, something quite Large.....sounded like it slid down a tree. Scared the crap out of us! As if you were bear hugging a loose bark tree like a pine, then slid down. You could hear the bark crackling and coming apart as it came down. Although we saw nothing, Bigfeet are known to scale trees. Possibly a sentinel watching / listening for us? We will never know. This night was my 1st real time on one of these. I remember it like yesterday. What happened the following evening in part 2, was Absolutely Unreal!

Attachments

• Lance Rosier.jpg
    Lance Rosier.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 55
  • #9, crossroads.jpg
    #9, crossroads.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
This is a pretty exciting event, thanks for sharing it. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be in that scary of an environment and then have the woods come alive. Because I personally believe this creature is out there, I believe you were near a group of them. I agree there was probably a look out warning the others. Did it go quiet after that howl?

Reactions: Selectric
Boy did this bring back a lot of memories. I was raised in Beaumont and had family that lived 0ut in the Big Thicket near Honey Island. The Saratoga Road was one of my regular haunts. I drove it, road it on my motorcycle and walked a lot of it late at night. I confess that some of the “monsters were my friends and I.

It was great place to take dates. The various Church groups used to take a bunch of young teens that didn’t have cars yet there on weekend nights. They used trucks and big trailers sometimes. When I first went there it was heavily forested and just black as hell even on a night with a full moon. Sadly the last time I went there the forests had been heavily logged but it was still a spooky place to go.

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
Boy did this bring back a lot of memories. I was raised in Beaumont and had family that lived 0ut in the Big Thicket near Honey Island. The Saratoga Road was one of my regular haunts. I drove it, road it on my motorcycle and walked a lot of it late at night. I confess that some of the “monsters were my friends and I.

It was great place to take dates. The various Church groups used to take a bunch of young teens that didn’t have cars yet there on weekend nights. They used trucks and big trailers sometimes. When I first went there it was heavily forested and just black as hell even on a night with a full moon. Sadly the last time I went there the forests had been heavily logged but it was still a spooky place to go.
Yes. The Thicket isnt for the faint of heart, especially at night. Oh, i promise you my friend , It wasnt you and your friends these nights! I've played in your backyard quite a few times. I'm going back there soon....you should join me.

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric