Oopsie!

With the exception of my right thumb, right middle finger, and left ring finger, I've broken, dislocated, or had surgery on all the others. My fingers are not a pretty site.

The little finger on the left hand was severed through the nail when I was 4 years old, but was surgically reattached. I can post a photo if anyone is interested. The ring finger on my right hand was shattered and required extensive surgery while I was in college. The finger was reassembled and held together with wires and a large "L" shaped pin. I was in a cast up to the elbow for several weeks.

I just remembered another. When I was a senior in high school, playing in our varsity inner squad foot ball scrimmage, I decided to take on our full back head on. He was probably 5'8 and a built like a brick S**t house. I was 6'3" and skinny as a rail. I got the tackle, but...it was still daylight when this happened. After it happened, it was night time, like right after it happened. I then remember trying to block an extra point kick, and when I jumped...i just kept going up and up. It was weird. Then, all of a sudden it was daylight again, and I was wandering around confused. A coach finally noticed and he had me sit down when I told him I couldn't remember anything. He did a few "tests", and told me not to go back in. They let me drive home after that though...this was 1985.

gotta love the 80's

1680875155137.jpeg

I just remembered another. When I was a senior in high school, playing in our varsity inner squad foot ball scrimmage, I decided to take on our full back head on. He was probably 5'8 and a built like a brick S**t house. I was 6'3" and skinny as a rail. I got the tackle, but...it was still daylight when this happened. After it happened, it was night time, like right after it happened. I then remember trying to block an extra point kick, and when I jumped...i just kept going up and up. It was weird. Then, all of a sudden it was daylight again, and I was wandering around confused. A coach finally noticed and he had me sit down when I told him I couldn't remember anything. He did a few "tests", and told me not to go back in. They let me drive home after that though...this was 1985.
concussions and knock-outs werent as bad in the 80's....lol.... ive only been almost KO'd once. would have been a TKO had the bell not rang, though, i heard it ring twice...lol.... i swear this guy had to have three arms or three feet... where the hit came from i have no idea, or whether it was even a hand or foot that caught me, but it was almost a perfect hit.... i could see, think, hear, talk, everything except control my lower half. my legs were like , " nah. dude, we done. you do what you want but we are outta here".. at which point they tried to go one way and i tried to go the other..... weirdest feeling ever...lol................ Wow, I miss those days

Most of you know I am still recovering from four broken ribs and lacerated lung, suffered on Feb. 22nd. I only returned to work this week.
Prior to that, some 20 years ago I tripped on our cat and fell, breaking the little finger on my right hand, a "boxer's break", where the first knuckle is essentially shattered. I still have three tiny steel screws holding that joint together, was in a cast for weeks and had to learn how to wipe my bottom with my left hand. Think this is easy? Try it with your non-dominant hand.
Broke my right big toe as a teen, now it is swollen with arthritis. Been electrocuted a number of times (man, that wakes you right up), pierced, sliced, stitched. Suffered a concussion as a teen as well (that could explain a lot, actually...).
I currently have sciatica from degenerative disc disease, I have exactly two spinal discs that are still in good shape. I have a torn rotator-cuff on my left shoulder that I may or may not get repaired, right now it is not bothering me and is a small tear. I had a cancerous thyroid removed last summer and still face continuing issues on that front.
So, yeah, not it the best shape but still oh so pretty. :cool:

almost KO'd once.
Same happened to me in gym class in high school. We were playing split court basketball and as i jumped up to block or something, someone wung the ball towards our net and smashed me dead in the back of my head. I felt the impact, i drop to my feet and felt my eyes start to roll up and down i went. I heard a girl i knew scream as i hit the floor lol and i told myself oh hell no i am not gonna be a limp noodle and jumped up and went after the guy that threw it. He did apologize saying it wasn't intentional, so worked out.

Jeeeeeez. 4 years old, nearly cut left ring finger off. 7 years old, cut back of head open, 7 stitches, 15 years old, ejected from moving truck whilst in the back, broke left wrist, hurt my back, 23 yrs old, ATV accident, injured both.. knees, 2003, crashed thru 3 levels of industrial shelving, tore posterior horn of medial miniscus, multiple injuries till about 2010, mostly knees and elbows. 2012, smoked tree in 2nd gear, gashed left shin open. Permanent nerve damage, muscle, smashed, gone. 2015, hard crash on dirt bike, broke end of clavicle off, somehow healed a lil off. Picture included…. 2019, crashed into a non-moving skid steer and dislocated left elbow and damaged wrist. To everyone’s horror, I put the bone back in myself. Lol That should be most of them lol

Attachments

• 94F7DFBA-5DEA-448D-9A2A-E9E2CE045A1B.jpeg
    94F7DFBA-5DEA-448D-9A2A-E9E2CE045A1B.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34