One Ringy Dingy...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Paulm posted about his ringtone on chat and gave us the idea to ask you...

What's your ringtone?
Ever used a ringtone that got you in trouble?
Do you use a different ringtone for each caller?
Do you change it often?
Has anyone ever commented on your choice of ringtone?

652e0dd26a527e8c5435e50f9580c21f305e93493eb681f7ffedfe5ac457b151.jpg

Naw. Figured out a long time ago that the fewer buttons I push the smoother things go with electronics.
That's me as well. My phone does give me options for several tones for text, alerts and calls. I just picked a different type from each category for each one and haven't touched it since! You all know me and techie stuff...it's a no touch 'em or things go bad fast. lol

My Peoria son has different songs for each of his kids, his wife, and me. And for the alert for his son's Dexcom alarm...that one is LOUD but for a good reason.

I use to have individual ringtones for various family and friends, but now have just the one, "Whiskey in the Jar" by Metallica. I rarely hear it, however, since I keep my phone on "vibrate" most of the time.

One of ringtones I had for a friend back when I had multiple ringtones was this little ditty by Bob Fripp and the League of Gentlemen. He called me once while I was giving a briefing at work, I got a lot of strange looks.

I use to have individual ringtones for various family and friends, but now have just the one, "Whiskey in the Jar" by Metallica. I rarely hear it, however, since I keep my phone on "vibrate" most of the time.

One of ringtones I had for a friend back when I had multiple ringtones was this little ditty by Bob Fripp and the League of Gentlemen. He called me once while I giving a briefing at work, I got a lot of strange looks.

I can hear why that may have gotten you some looks! lol

i used to use songs as ring tones, and different tones for different people. now its just the "classic" phone sound for rings and a ding ding for messages.... figured i should start "adulting" somewhere along the way i guess......lol

On my old phone the ringtone was a clip from the chorus of Renegade by Styx. However when I changed phones the new one wouldn't recognize the audio file as a ringtone, so I had to change it. My current ring tone is the theme song for the TV show Tha A-Team.

My wife has a generic ringtone for all other calls but theres a different one for some of her friends. I recently discovered that she has a specific ringtone just for me. The other day she couldn't find her phone and asked if I could call it. So I called the number and put my phone down so I could listen for her phone. I was rewarded with the familiar notes of the theme song from The Godfather. Even better, it was being played on an electric guitar by famed Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash.

On my old phone the ringtone was a clip from the chorus of Renegade by Styx. However when I changed phones the new one wouldn't recognize the audio file as a ringtone, so I had to change it. My current ring tone is the theme song for the TV show Tha A-Team.

My wife has a generic ringtone for all other calls but theres a different one for some of her friends. I recently discovered that she has a specific ringtone just for me. The other day she couldn't find her phone and asked if I could call it. So I called the number and put my phone down so I could listen for her phone. I was rewarded with the familiar notes of the theme song from The Godfather. Even better, it was being played on an electric guitar by famed Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash.
Ever hear this?

Paulm posted about his ringtone on chat and gave us the idea to ask you...

What's your ringtone?
Ever used a ringtone that got you in trouble?
Do you use a different ringtone for each caller?
Do you change it often?
Has anyone ever commented on your choice of ringtone?

View attachment 45204
I stopped using regular ring tones due to many people on job sites having identical ones. I still use this and have had quite a few comments lol.