Once it was Sci Fi....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

MANY THINGS WERE ONCE "SCI FI ONLY"!
WHAT ARE THINGS THAT WE THOUGHT FANTASTIC AS KIDS THAT ARE NOW IN REAL LIFE/REAL TIME?
AND HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THEM? LIKE OR PREFER THE OLD DAYS?
WHAT DO YOU THINK MAY BE COMING NEXT?

1kc4ps.jpg

I would love to see one work! It’s like star Treks replicators.
Well, they aren't as fast as those on Trek, but it's really cool to watch. My son has made custom car parts, parts for his RV cars, a bulldog statue for his dad, and even a full on spine and rib cage taken from the specs of hubs xrays to show him what he did to his chest when he fell. (He had to negotiate with the doc to get those xrays...lol) The medical field is using them in this manner as well to "fit" parts perfectly like knees, hips, etc.

Well, they aren't as fast as those on Trek, but it's really cool to watch. My son has made custom car parts, parts for his RV cars, a bulldog statue for his dad, and even a full on spine and rib cage taken from the specs of hubs xrays to show him what he did to his chest when he fell. (He had to negotiate with the doc to get those xrays...lol) The medical field is using them in this manner as well to "fit" parts perfectly like knees, hips, etc.
It’s amazing

MANY THINGS WERE ONCE "SCI FI ONLY"!
WHAT ARE THINGS THAT WE THOUGHT FANTASTIC AS KIDS THAT ARE NOW IN REAL LIFE/REAL TIME?
AND HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THEM? LIKE OR PREFER THE OLD DAYS?
WHAT DO YOU THINK MAY BE COMING NEXT?

View attachment 31872
Cell phones, specifically smart phones do amaze me!