On Time or Late?

I'm very much against lying about about paranormal things, as I do take the attempt to unserstand the unknown quite seriously, but back in the past I did roll into school late and on being questioned as to why I was late again and by quite a lot again I did tell a story about bright lights, missing time, aliens... in short I claimed (at great length and in some detail) that I was late through no fault of my own as I had been abducted by aliens and suffered a missing time episode. I really put a lot into the account and although it was obviously a blatant lie, to my surprise, my form tutor just smiled and let me off. I suppose if there's a lesson to this story, it's that if you have to lie, forget being realistic and just go really big.

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Hey Ben, it's been awhile. Hope you are well. Today, as all Americans are celebrating our independence from.. you know who. I always wanted to thank you for not calling me a colonist.

Reactions: Benway
Hey Ben, it's been awhile. Hope you are well. Today, as all Americans are celebrating our independence from.. you know who. I always wanted to thank you for not calling me a colonist.
No problem, rebel rabble! It's good to see you too. Have a good one!

Reactions: Paintman
If you want to enjoy the full American Experience of Independence Day.
Get a pound of gunpowder and get really drunk. Roman Candle Wars are considered completely legal today.
Great to see you.

Reactions: Benway
If you want to enjoy the full American Experience of Independence Day.
Get a pound of gunpowder and get really drunk. Roman Candle Wars are considered completely legal today.
Great to see you.
I think I'll hold off on that until I can rally the neighbourhood to declare independence. And leave it for a different day. Wouldn't want to have clashing parties!

Reactions: Paintman
Gee whiz Ben, all you had to do was ask. So you could have your own private neighborhood Island, I'll rustle up a posse and come in whooping and hollering & riding & gunning.
Otherwise, tell Elton I said hi.
I just missed meeting him at a record shop in Chicago. And another time just missed meeting him at a coffee shop.

Reactions: Lynne
When I was younger (teenage and early 20s) I was always late for things, unless they were really important, like exams. However, something happened after that (who knows what!) and for most of my adult life I have always got to places ahead of time. Same weird thing happened about tidyness - up to 18 I was really messy, since then, really tidy/organised! I think I must just have got fed up with the stress both being late and being untidy caused me! :D

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
When I was younger (teenage and early 20s) I was always late for things, unless they were really important, like exams. However, something happened after that (who knows what!) and for most of my adult life I have always got to places ahead of time. Same weird thing happened about tidyness - up to 18 I was really messy, since then, really tidy/organised! I think I must just have got fed up with the stress both being late and being untidy caused me! :D
Good for you! Now, can you please send some of that to my daughter in law? :D

• Haha
Reactions: Lynne and RoseRed