On Time or Late?

7Christie

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
I am usually on time as I hate to be late. I believe that it's a sign of respect to be on time if others are involved. If it's a public event, I like to get there early enough that there are few people and allow the crowd to gently increase. I don't like walking into a room of crowded people.

OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
I have always tried to be at least 10 minutes early to any appointment. I build in that buffer. My husband has his own time we call "Dad Time." If he says be ready to go at 1:30, you better be ready at 1:15 cuz he's leaving with or without you. On the other hand, we have something we call "Tammy Time". My DIL is notorious for being late...up to hours late! So if she says she'll be arriving at a certain time, we auto add in a plus one hour. Usually works out pretty close.

OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
A former co-worker of mine was always running late. It took her two years to catch on that if we wanted her to be somewhere at a certain time we would tell her a time a half hour earlier than the actual scheduled event. If something started at noon, we would tell her it started at 11:30. :) When she'd come whipping into the meeting room we'd tell her it was OK, we were all running a little late and "just starting"...lol We got away with that for waaay longer than I thought we would.

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
A former co-worker of mine was always running late. It took her two years to catch on that if we wanted her to be somewhere at a certain time we would tell her a time a half hour earlier than the actual scheduled event. If something started at noon, we would tell her it started at 11:30. :) When she'd come whipping into the meeting room we'd tell her it was OK, we were all running a little late and "just starting"...lol We got away with that for waaay longer than I thought we would.
That reminds me of a woman who used to run a support group for adults on the spectrum. She was always late for it, and would have a different excuse every time. Since this group was where I met Jim, we decided to invite her to our wedding. You can best believe that the time we told her to be there was an entire hour ahead of the actual ceremony, or she would have been late.

Paintman

Go Go White Sox
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
No and when I asked for directions these jerks don't know north or south.

Lynne

Art Bell fan
Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
If I am going alone I am early or on time. If I am bringing my husband than I’m late. If it’s not work he runs on his own click.

Reactions: ozentity