On the Radio...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

WHEN WE WERE YOUNG, THE RADIO INVITED US TO CALL INTO OUR FAVORITE SHOWS AND DEDICATE SONGS, TALK TO THE DJ'S, AND WIN PRIZES FOR BEING THE 10TH CALLER!
TODAY WE CALL TALK SHOWS ON THE RADIO AND GIVE OUR OPINIONS AND STORIES.
DID YOU EVER CALL IN, PAST OR PRESENT?

DO YOU NOW LISTEN MORE TO MUSIC OR TO TALK SHOWS AND PODCASTS?

(Please keep this politics free.)

Last edited:
In highschool my friends and I were too poor to buy all the music albums we wanted. So we would call radio stations to request songs then record the station until they played it. After a few times we would have the songs we wanted plus a few extra that happened to play in the meantime. This was how we made mix tapes.

Although for some reason I no longer understand I used to think it was hilarious to occasionally request songs that didn't exist.

It was fun as a kid to call a radio station to request songs. Of course it was such a thrill when the DJ would say your name on the radio. That didn't happen too often, but when it did . . . we thought that we were celebrities. :)

Although for some reason I no longer understand I used to think it was hilarious to occasionally request songs that didn't exist.
Since we are on a paranormal forum it might be fun to ponder the DJ’s reaction if someone had called in and asked to have a song played backwards.

WHEN WE WERE YOUNG, THE RADIO INVITED US TO CALL INTO OUR FAVORITE SHOWS AND DEDICATE SONGS, TALK TO THE DJ'S, AND WIN PRIZES FOR BEING THE 10TH CALLER!
TODAY WE CALL TALK SHOWS ON THE RADIO AND GIVE OUR OPINIONS AND STORIES.
DID YOU EVER CALL IN, PAST OR PRESENT?

DO YOU NOW LISTEN MORE TO MUSIC OR TO TALK SHOWS AND PODCASTS?

(Please keep this politics free.)
I called in to the local stations often to try to be the right caller or answer the days question. I have even won a few times. I have always loved talk radio so AM stations was where I spent my time. The older I got the less music I tuned in for.

DJs were local celebrities, if they'd show up to do a live remote there would be lots of listeners show up. They would hand out promotional 45s that never made it on the air. They also made really good money for the time making personal appearances at events like high school dances.

DJs were local celebrities, if they'd show up to do a live remote there would be lots of listeners show up. They would hand out promotional 45s that never made it on the air. They also made really good money for the time making personal appearances at events like high school dances.
Yes I remember their celebrity ! Something that has really changed. The radio was a big deal not that long ago. Looking back so much has changed with the Internet.

It's difficult to even find music stations lately! Many have converted to talk only. Sirius...my friend in the car.

Reactions: ozentity
I remember calling and requesting a song, I asked for "Alick The Seal", which I thought was the title. The presenter roared laughing and played the real song, Our lips are Sealed by the Go Go's :sunglasses:, LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke and Debi