Olympics News

acws_chicakgo-.jpg americas-cup-chicago-june-2016-1.jpg Oracle_americas-cup-louis-vuitton.jpg and you can swim in it !

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
I think the powers that be keep us busy with these wars so they can rob and loot the world. Slight of hand on a global scale. War is money

Reactions: Debi
We seem to be doing well. Michael Phelps and Katie Ladecky have won an events. I saw some youtube videos where it looked like the U.S. athletes were having a good time riding in a van. They were doing karaoke.

Oops!

Melo: Team Must Move on After Reports of Rio Brothel Visit

A report said several players thought they were walking into a spa on their day off Wednesday night, but wound up in a brothel
Hi Mom, having a good time in Rio. I did not win my event, but I did score on my day off. I hope that the athletes are encouraged to travel in groups so that one individual does not make such a mistake and get punished or hurt.

Reactions: Paintman
Lots of Olympic talk on the local radio. Chicago came in forth in the bid. Why? Chicago didn't have to spend 1/2 of Brazils $14 billion to get up to speed. The infrastructure is there already, save for the badminton stadium :confused: The lakefront just hosted the Americas Cup (sailing) last month and the optics were stunning. Golf courses - Oh Boy ! Track and field , basketbal? Lots of big college & pro stadiums already built, pick a size. Marathons, triathlons, miles of beaches, again, great optics for TV. Athlete dorms ? Schools out and the universities do nice maintenance. It doesn't make sense, outside of the money for IOC kickbacks.
And I'm glad we didn't get 'em. There is plenty to do already.
I think any place would have been a better choice, but now I want to visit Chicago Paint!