Olympics News

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
UN atomic agency helping guard Rio Olympics from ISIS terror attack

EXPERTS from the United Nations have sent state-of-the art detection equipment to Brazil over fears suicidal terror nuts will target the Olympics with a devastating ‘dirty bomb’.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has loaned hi-tech radiation monitors – including personal detectors and portable scanners – for use on the ground throughout the Games.

Brazil’s anti-terror chief has already admitted there is a ‘credible threat’ ISIS will target Rio next month and said ‘numerous measures’ are being taken to prevent any attack.

Counter terrorism director Luiz Alberto Sallaberry said the threat had increased dramatically in recent months due to attacks across Europe.

He also pointed to a rise in what he described as the number of Brazilian nationals suspected of sympathising with ISIS militants.

The ‘dirty bomb’ fears increased following the attacks in Brussels amid claims the brothers at the heart of the plot had tried to obtain nuclear materials so they could build their own bomb.

A dirty bomb or radiological dispersal device (RDD) is a weapon that combines radioactive material with conventional explosives.

Worrisome times. If they have nuke capacity, we're in real trouble here. One dirty bomb success and the world fear rate rises X100. Used once, they'd use it again.

Reactions: Paintman
Coulda' cut 'em off at the neck. PC strikes again.:mad:
Yup. What worries me here is the statement they have a "credible threat." To me, that signals we KNOW they have the ability to follow through. Right there, that says a lot.

Debs, I had an Uncle in the FBI, you are on the right path. #2 Chicago bureau.

Reactions: Debi
I'm so sick of roadside memorials, hashtags, singing songs. No matter what the 'president' Note the little 'p' we are not a nation of......................... :mad: Let's end this right now.

Well, I've been saying all along...the one way to stop the flow of refugees running from ISIS, is to stop ISIS. Most people want to live in their own countries of origin, and if we make that safe for them, they can have their lives back. We have ignored the atrocities of these radicals for waaaay too long....the press has made sure to downplay what they have done and continue to do.
We're sitting here fighting over what bathroom to use while people are being burned alive and decapitated, and WORSE, because they believe in a loving God. Time to stop tip toeing, IMO. They sure aren't being subtle.

Amen Hoosier Sister ! Testify !
Sad, but some of the older guys I served with, and my DI's, Cadre, said we ( duh generals) don't want to win. That's sick. Those are my friends out there.

I've got my soapbox out..lol. We don't want to win it, Paint. Not in the way we define "win." You and I have lost loved ones and relatives to war...perhaps we see it from a clearer perspective. They were more than numbers to us.