Old woman at the end of my bed

Buddy

Reaction score
Now I’m often a sceptic whenever it comes to the supernatural however I remembered a supernatural experience I had when just a small child, or at least I think it was. It happened when I was still in a cot so I was still essentially a baby but I remember it very vividly. I was in the cot that night but for most of the night there was an old woman in a rocking chair at the foot of my cot, she read me a book. I never felt any fear and I don’t believe that she ever posed me any harm. The thing about this that actually makes me take notice of the event was the fact that our neighbour, an elderly woman named Nora had died recently. She spent a lot of time with me and my sister and played with us frequently, she was almost like a member of the family. Seems like more than a coincidence that after she died I had this experience. I even told my mum the night after that I had seen the old woman and that she read me a bedtime story (which put her on edge I imagine hahaha, I would’ve had no reason to lie, I was just a small child. I don’t know if this could have been sleep paralysis but I don’t know if kids as young as I was experience sleep paralysis, also I thought must hallucinations induced by sleep paralysis make people feel uneasy or frightened, as mentioned I never felt scared, I was at ease. What do you guys think? Did I experience sleep paralysis as a small child or did I encounter the spirit of my elderly neighbour? Any opinions on the subject would be appreciated!!

Now I’m often a sceptic whenever it comes to the supernatural however I remembered a supernatural experience I had when just a small child, or at least I think it was. It happened when I was still in a cot so I was still essentially a baby but I remember it very vividly. I was in the cot that night but for most of the night there was an old woman in a rocking chair at the foot of my cot, she read me a book. I never felt any fear and I don’t believe that she ever posed me any harm. The thing about this that actually makes me take notice of the event was the fact that our neighbour, an elderly woman named Nora had died recently. She spent a lot of time with me and my sister and played with us frequently, she was almost like a member of the family. Seems like more than a coincidence that after she died I had this experience. I even told my mum the night after that I had seen the old woman and that she read me a bedtime story (which put her on edge I imagine hahaha, I would’ve had no reason to lie, I was just a small child. I don’t know if this could have been sleep paralysis but I don’t know if kids as young as I was experience sleep paralysis, also I thought must hallucinations induced by sleep paralysis make people feel uneasy or frightened, as mentioned I never felt scared, I was at ease. What do you guys think? Did I experience sleep paralysis as a small child or did I encounter the spirit of my elderly neighbour? Any opinions on the subject would be appreciated!!
Hi Buddy. Most children of that age are actually very open to seeing and interacting with spirits. If she read you a book, then she was a nice sort!

Hi Buddy, and welcome to the PNF. It doesn’t sound like sleep paralysis to me. You didn’t actually describe any symptoms of sleep paralysis. To me it sounds like a visit from a peaceful, friendly spirit. I had one of those visits when I was in my crib at a very early age. I don’t believe your spirit visit was a time traveling spirit, just similar.

I agree with Fizz, nothing in your description had any indicators of sleep paralysis.
Medical Definition of Sleep paralysis
Sleep paralysis
: A frightening form of paralysis that occurs when a person suddenly finds himself or herself unable to move for a few minutes, most often upon falling asleep or waking up.

I think your instincts are right on this. I’m surprised you didn’t recognize her. Have you had any other strange events through out your life?

I think your instincts are right on this. I’m surprised you didn’t recognize her. Have you had any other strange events through out your life?
I have had an experience when I dreamed of my maternal grandmother long after her passing, and at first I didn't recognize her because her coloring was different. Maybe this happened with the neighbor visitation?