Old Man River is Really Old

Can I get a summary, as even though I am supposedly not in the EU anymore I can't access this for 'legal reasons' to do with the UK being in the EU and it's not in the Internet Archive?

Summarizing this, Potter-McIntyre said what her team’s research showed was that the Mississippi River was flowing long before it was commonly believed to have been.

Initially, it was believed the Mississippi River began flowing about 20 million years ago. However, because of Potter-McIntyre's and Breeden's work, it is now believed to have started flowing 70 million years ago.

Summarizing this, Potter-McIntyre said what her team’s research showed was that the Mississippi River was flowing long before it was commonly believed to have been.

Initially, it was believed the Mississippi River began flowing about 20 million years ago. However, because of Potter-McIntyre's and Breeden's work, it is now believed to have started flowing 70 million years ago.
Thanks. Very very old man river! That means the Mississippi River probably used to have dinosaurs in it!

Here's a puzzle. A river is made of water. The water is always flowing so it is never the same water, so is it the same river?
Wow Ben this is something to think about. Perhaps it’s just the location of the water lol.

Reactions: Paintman and Benway
Ben, they measured the age of rocks. Rocks where they were in places they shouldn't be.
For Americans the Mississippi River is a big geographical deal that defined our history.
I still get excited like a little kid when I go across it.
There are lakes and rivers that feed the start of the Mississippi River up in Minnesota. My uncle took us out on his boat in the 1970s. He reached down with a water pitcher , and it was safe to drink.