OK, What is this?

mf5176

Reaction score
I've posted here a few times in the past couple of years, I should visit more often but life gets in the way.

My job is inside sales, been doing it 30 years, Yesterday morning I had the recurring theme, an old customer (company) I hadn't heard from in months enters my mind, I don't dwell on them though, By early afternoon they had emailed me..
My reaction, Yes, it has happened again, Keep my radar up, I'm in the zone (whatever that is..)

Late in the day I had some downtime, My mind wandered back to many years ago I served in the USAF, thought of a co-worker/friend I knew for a brief time while stationed in Turkey, sure enough, when I search his name he passed away in late April at 58.

Hadn't thought of him/that tour in ages/.. Why now? This scenario has happened at least 2X before in the past.

Hi mf, welcome back.

I don't think the two recent incidents you describe are all that related. The second incident sounds simply like a case of something you saw/heard/felt/smelled prompting you to think of your late friend. It was probably subconscious, something you didn't even think about thinking about. That happens all the time, or at least it does with me.

The first case is far more interesting. The obvious first explanation here is coincidence. Possible, maybe even most likely. Having the customer come to mind could have been a premonition you'd be hearing from them. I suppose also there is the possibility you reached out to them psychically, prompting them to contact you.

Your comment about "it has happened again" sounds like such events are not uncommon for you, like maybe you are aware you have some talent or gift. Have you ever tried to enhance or fine turn this ability?

Reactions: Paulm
Hi mf, welcome back.

I don't think the two recent incidents you describe are all that related. The second incident sounds simply like a case of something you saw/heard/felt/smelled prompting you to think of your late friend. It was probably subconscious, something you didn't even think about thinking about. That happens all the time, or at least it does with me.

The first case is far more interesting. The obvious first explanation here is coincidence. Possible, maybe even most likely. Having the customer come to mind could have been a premonition you'd be hearing from them. I suppose also there is the possibility you reached out to them psychically, prompting them to contact you.

Your comment about "it has happened again" sounds like such events are not uncommon for you, like maybe you are aware you have some talent or gift. Have you ever tried to enhance or fine turn this ability?
have to agree with Duke, There are a lot of variables that can come into play, subconsciously picking up on smells, sounds, weather, temps, etc... can throw you back to a time that had an effect on you. Do you feel as though you have any abilities? or if so, have you tried to tap in to these abilities or fine tune them as Duke asked? this is something that is hard to define as far as a "what is this" type question....you made the comment of "being in the zone" which is more than you possibly realize, if you can let go of all thoughts and just "drift" through time and space for a moment, you can try to pick up on other "feelings" or "happenings"....just an experiment you can try and see what comes of it.