NY Snake like UFO

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A strange, snake-like UFO which has been spotted in the skies over numerous parts of the United States this summer was seemingly caught on film once again by a witness in New York state. These puzzling objects sparked headlines back in July thanks to a series of sightings in the Mojave Desert, Colorado, and Washington state. The proverbial UFO flap appeared to be rather brief, but new footage has emerged of what looks to be the same object on the other side of the country.

An unidentified witness reportedly residing in the village of Clayville, New York noticed one of the dark, tubular objects in the sky around a month ago and managed to capture the oddity on film. He subsequently shared the sighting with the British Earth and Aerial Mysteries Society, who posted the footage to YouTube a few days ago. Unfortunately, the organization did not provide much in the way of details from the incident aside from a statement from the witness declaring that they saw a "gigantic snake UFO" which "moved like it was alive!"

Considering that this object was apparently seen around the same time as the similar snake-like anomalies were spotted in the western United States, a number of UFO enthusiasts have suggested that they are all connected and may possibly be part of some kind of clandestine government program. More skeptically-minded individuals, however, say that the 'mystery craft' are merely balloons. What's your take on the weird tubular UFOs that keep popping up in the news?

'Snake-Like' UFO Seen in New York State - Coast to Coast AM

Reactions: JohnHermes

A strange, snake-like UFO which has been spotted in the skies over numerous parts of the United States this summer was seemingly caught on film once again by a witness in New York state. These puzzling objects sparked headlines back in July thanks to a series of sightings in the Mojave Desert, Colorado, and Washington state. The proverbial UFO flap appeared to be rather brief, but new footage has emerged of what looks to be the same object on the other side of the country.

An unidentified witness reportedly residing in the village of Clayville, New York noticed one of the dark, tubular objects in the sky around a month ago and managed to capture the oddity on film. He subsequently shared the sighting with the British Earth and Aerial Mysteries Society, who posted the footage to YouTube a few days ago. Unfortunately, the organization did not provide much in the way of details from the incident aside from a statement from the witness declaring that they saw a "gigantic snake UFO" which "moved like it was alive!"

Considering that this object was apparently seen around the same time as the similar snake-like anomalies were spotted in the western United States, a number of UFO enthusiasts have suggested that they are all connected and may possibly be part of some kind of clandestine government program. More skeptically-minded individuals, however, say that the 'mystery craft' are merely balloons. What's your take on the weird tubular UFOs that keep popping up in the news?

'Snake-Like' UFO Seen in New York State - Coast to Coast AM

That's a solar balloon.

Glad you ID'd that, but just what does a solar balloon do? :confused:

If the sun is hot enough, they float. As far as I know they cannot be remotely controlled, but can be flown with a string like a kite.

Reactions: Debi
If the sun is hot enough, they float. As far as I know they cannot be remotely controlled, but can be flown with a string like a kite.
I never thought of a string for them...duh..lol..... Didn't watch the video yet so sorry if this was in there, but how high do they reach on average????.......
And if it gets any hotter in Ga. There might be cars flying...lol...j/k

I never thought of a string for them...duh..lol..... Didn't watch the video yet so sorry if this was in there, but how high do they reach on average????.......
And if it gets any hotter in Ga. There might be cars flying...lol...j/k

I don't know that much about them. In fact the only reason I recognized the object in the photo for what it was was because I'd seen them advertised in a catalog (American Science & Surplus) that caters to science educators. I did a Google search and found this DIY solar balloon that can get up to 72K ft, but I don't know what altitude tubular "toy" solar balloons can reach.

How to build a high altitude solar balloon

Reactions: Paulm
I don't know that much about them. In fact the only reason I recognized the object in the photo for what it was was because I'd seen them advertised in a catalog (American Science & Surplus) that caters to science educators. I did a Google search and found this DIY solar balloon that can get up to 72K ft, but I don't know what altitude tubular "toy" solar balloons can reach.

How to build a high altitude solar balloon
The one in the vid was 50 feet, and it reacted much like the UFO in the clip.

Reactions: Paulm
The one in the vid was 50 feet, and it reacted much like the UFO in the clip.

It's sold with 400 ft of string according to the manufacturer's ad, but without a string I'd guess it could easier reach several thousand feet in the right conditions.

Editorial comment--Does no one at C2C and other similar UFO themed sites do any research at all before posting these things?