NWS apologizes to NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still cannot believe they shutdown the subway system in NY. It is underground.........
Here's our lovely Mayor.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/nyc-mayor-blizzard-2015-travel-ban-brainer/story?id=28518924

New York City's mayor is defending a complete travel ban officials ordered ahead of a snowstorm overnight that halted subway service and cleared city streets of cars even as New York City got far less snow than feared.

The travel ban was a "no-brainer based on the forecast" New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said today at a news conference.

Forecasts called for perhaps two feet of snow. Most of the city got far less, though 11 inches fell at LaGuardia Airport in the eastern borough of Queens, which was harder hit than other parts of the city.

LOTS MORE AT SITE

Reactions: sal
So Sandy, what's the "feel" in NY about this?

I don't know! I've been indoors in my house since yesterday noon. The streets are plowed and I heard the Metro North train a couple of hours ago. It was supposed to be on a Sunday schedule today and back to normal tomorrow.

The general feel yesterday, when we knew today we would be snowed in was "Snow Day!".

Reactions: Debi
i do not know which likes to hear their voice more,Cuomo or de Blasio.

I live on Cape Cod in MA, & We have 3 feet of snow right now, with more expected until tomorrow. All roads closed until at least 8 am tomorrow, but that may be extended.
Hurricane force winds are now down to 59 mph gusts. It's freaking crazy. Ambulances getting stuck, plows have given up because they keep getting stuck.
For us, we're used to blizzards. I'm just grateful we haven't lost power!

Reactions: Debi
Hi Mamom. Thanks for the update! All you live reporters out there help us know what's going on out there. Sounds like you got hit hard.

One of my wife's former co-workers lives in Islip on Long Island , and she says they got almost two feet. Her Yorkie was not amused!

Last edited:
Ohhhhh, little dogs and snow! Not good! lol

th

Status
Not open for further replies.