Note in Bottle from Titanic?

Reactions: Lynne

An update on the investigation process, but only limited results so far.
Thanks for that. I wonder how long the bottle had been there before it'd been discovered. I was hopeful that maybe the message would bear the White Star Line name and logo because if it did - they'd really be onto something. It's still going to be interesting to watch.

Thanks for that. I wonder how long the bottle had been there before it'd been discovered. I was hopeful that maybe the message would bear the White Star Line name and logo because if it did - they'd really be onto something. It's still going to be interesting to watch.
I thought about that initially, but then figured steerage passengers would not have been afforded the luxury of White Star stationary. I also have doubts they would have had access to fountain pens aboard ship and/or brought one with them. Fountain pens were expensive, lower class people would most likely have used pencils.

I thought about that initially, but then figured steerage passengers would not have been afforded the luxury of White Star stationary. I also have doubts they would have had access to fountain pens aboard ship and/or brought one with them. Fountain pens were expensive, lower class people would most likely have used pencils.
I was thinking the same thing.