North Korea updates

Hydrogen bombs aren't radioactive. If you stuck a stick of dynamite to a tank of compressed hydrogen gas you'd basically have yourself a cheap, half as deadly hydrogen bomb.
Effects of the Hydrogen Bomb

Excerpt:

Radiation
About 15 percent of a hydrogen bomb's energy takes the form of radiation. About 5 percent takes the form of ionizing radiation, or highly charged particles and gamma rays that are emitted as part of the fission and fusion chain reactions in the hydrogen bomb. The remainder takes the form of nuclear fallout. Fallout is the spread of radioactive materials (waste byproducts and unspent fuel from the bomb) through the atmosphere as a result of the explosion. These substances continue to emit dangerous radioactivity as a result of their own radioactive decay.

Excerpt:

Radiation
About 15 percent of a hydrogen bomb's energy takes the form of radiation. About 5 percent takes the form of ionizing radiation, or highly charged particles and gamma rays that are emitted as part of the fission and fusion chain reactions in the hydrogen bomb. The remainder takes the form of nuclear fallout. Fallout is the spread of radioactive materials (waste byproducts and unspent fuel from the bomb) through the atmosphere as a result of the explosion. These substances continue to emit dangerous radioactivity as a result of their own radioactive decay.
......... oh. All I know is hydrogen gas alone can be pretty nasty. Even in a gas form it'll pop violently while something like propane will make a fireball.

What else are they putting in it? Or is it just the intense explosion causing this radiation to be emitted?

......... oh. All I know is hydrogen gas alone can be pretty nasty. Even in a gas form it'll pop violently while something like propane will make a fireball.

What else are they putting in it? Or is it just the intense explosion causing this radiation to be emitted?
Nvm I'll do some of my own research. Thanks for pulling that page up for me tho

It has to be triggered by a nuclear bomb within it. Tritium also seems to be created in this process.

Excerpt:

Radiation
Huh? Some hydrogen bombs have nothing to do with hydrogen? Ok now I'm even more puzzled