Noory and the Radio Hall of Fame

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuY29hc3R0b2NvYXN0YW0uY29tL2NpbWFnZXMvdmFyL2V6d2ViaW5fc2l0ZS9zdG9yYWdlL2ltYWdlcy9jb2FzdC10by1jb2FzdC9yZXBvc2l0b3J5L3RodW1ibmFpbHMvZ24taGFsbC1vZi1mYW1lLTIvMTA0NDAyMS0xLWVuZy1VUy9HTi1IYWxsLW9mLUZhbWUtMi5qcGc=

Coast to Coast AM host George Noory has been nominated for induction into the National Radio Hall of Fame in the Spoken Word On-Air Personality category. George has been nominated in recognition of his many years of on-air success and the loyal listenership he has developed. This is an exemplary honor as nearly 800 individuals were reviewed, with only 24 individuals being selected for nomination.

HELP GEORGE WIN THIS HONOR BY VOTING BETWEEN JUNE 4TH AND JUNE 18TH for his induction into the National Radio Hall of Fame.

Here's How:

VOTE BY TEXT: Dial 96000 and text message 700
VOTE BY WEBSITE: www.radiovote.com

One vote per email address AND cell phone. If you have more than one email address, vote once for each address. AND if you have more than one cell phone, you can text vote for each phone number.

I have mixed emotions on this. George is certainly not a great talk show host, at best I think he's lazy and often ill prepared. He's also not one to challenge guests or callers. How many times have we heard him simply reply, "That's an interesting take," in response to some delusional comment. Frankly, I prefer at least a few of the rent-a-hosts who fill in for him more than I do George.

On the other hand George is always there, he's dependable. No drama or attempts to make himself the focal point of the show; he's the host, not the story. In the big picture, he/C2C is the standard bearer for paranormal talk radio, its eight hundred pound guerilla. Getting him in the HoF gives credibility to the genre, shows it is as legitimate as sports, political, or any other talk format. I also think George is genuinely a nice human being who cares about his audience on a personal level.

He already got my vote, and I encourage all who enjoy paranormal radio to vote for him as well.

I have mixed emotions on this. George is certainly not a great talk show host, at best I think he's lazy and often ill prepared. He's also not one to challenge guests or callers. How many times have we heard him simply reply, "That's an interesting take," in response to some delusional comment. Frankly, I prefer at least a few of the rent-a-hosts who fill in for him more than I do George.

On the other hand George is always there, he's dependable. No drama or attempts to make himself the focal point of the show; he's the host, not the story. In the big picture, he/C2C is the standard bearer for paranormal talk radio, its eight hundred pound guerilla. Getting him in the HoF gives credibility to the genre, shows it is as legitimate as sports, political, or any other talk format. I also think George is genuinely a nice human being who cares about his audience on a personal level.

He already got my vote, and I encourage all who enjoy paranormal radio to vote for him as well.
The fact that George has now done C2C for 16 years, going far beyond the time Art Bell had the show, and was able to keep the show rolling after the pioneer of radio left it, he deserves a spot. As for his actual hosting style and ability? No so much.

Reactions: Paintman and Duke
The fact that George has now done C2C for 16 years, going far beyond the time Art Bell had the show, and was able to keep the show rolling after the pioneer of radio left it, he deserves a spot. As for his actual hosting style and ability? No so much.

Agreed. We need to keep in mind this HoF is little more than a popularity contest where hosts are literally soliciting votes from listeners. Nothing wrong with that, but it is different than being recognized by one's peers.

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
I like George. But man oh man I have some problems with that show. The health food infomercials, and the veterinarian who claimed to have done 3000 autopsies and can cure diabetes. Plus he talks about being nominated for a Nobel Prize in medicine. I think his name is Dr . Wallet.;)
I can nominate my cat Hank Aaron for a Nobel Prize in literature.:p You just have to send in the paperwork.:mad:
And that long-winded old man that gets to call in every night.:mad::mad::mad: He is annoying on multiple levels.
And other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play ?:)

I like George. But man oh man I have some problems with that show. The health food infomercials, and the veterinarian who claimed to have done 3000 autopsies and can cure diabetes. Plus he talks about being nominated for a Nobel Prize in medicine. I think his name is Dr . Wallet.;)
I can nominate my cat Hank Aaron for a Nobel Prize in literature.:p You just have to send in the paperwork.:mad:
And that long-winded old man that gets to call in every night.:mad::mad::mad: He is annoying on multiple levels.
And other than that Mrs. Lincoln how was the play ?:)

I never listen to C2C live, but I do record every show on the CC Witness that Art Bell convinced me to buy back in the day. I end up listening to less than half the guests, and never any of the health and alternative medicine shows. I too notice a specific set of callers who seem to get through at will, especially during open lines. Most annoying to me is "Charles from Elgin, TX", the guy is a couple sandwiches short of a picnic.

Reactions: Paintman
i have not listened to C2C since i came here, the show doesnt hold the paranormal feel anymore. Art set out to create an imagination in us I think and the whole setting of the show has gone viral to the effect that it's now mainstream. I guess the fact that all these paranormal shows have popped up makes it more of a false illusion than a paranormal world I used to go into when the show started. False reports, or just flat out science fiction writers seem to have taken the whole concept away.

I wish just once a host would call some of these fakes out on their BS. I am a huge fan of the paranormal but it has gotten so bad that everyone thinks they can be the next Art Bell but that isnt going to happen anytime soon. I did like Noory years ago but going mainstream he proved that money and fame is his goal.

Duke, agree.
Armand, agree.
Is Charles from Elgin Texas the guy with the whiny voice ? I think the one I'm referring to is from New Jersey. But I could be wrong about his location. I almost have a sixth sense about when to shut that guy off.:) Usually for the rest of the night.:p

Duke, agree.
Armand, agree.
Is Charles from Elgin Texas the guy with the whiny voice ? I think the one I'm referring to is from New Jersey. But I could be wrong about his location. I almost have a sixth sense about when to shut that guy off.:) Usually for the rest of the night.:p

Charles is the guy who always makes every call, regardless of the guest/topic, about his father. He makes his father out to have been an almighty spiritual warrior, but claims he was murdered in an ambulance. He has zero focus, very scatter brained. He's either always high or not taking his meds. Check out this call he made a year or so ago with Ed Dames as the guest.

Attachments

• Noory Charles from Elgin gets dumped.mp3
    117 KB · Views: 210
Reactions: Paintman