Non-human mummies?

This title led me to believe they found Alien or some other humanoid type body, instead it was a bird and dirt.

It must have been a terrible blow to them to find that the dead child they were exhibiting wasn't really a dead child. The Horus thing is hilarious! We know from ancient writers that the ancient Egyptians loved animals and gave them dignified burials. I think Herodotus wrote about it. They even gave funerals for pet insects. People just look at everything in the past and think "religion! worship" Too much projection of more modern times, I think. People in the past did things other than worship everything (if they did really worship everything). They loved their pets too. The modern people parade what they thought was a dead child as an object, while the ancient 'primitives' gave more dignity to animals. People could learn a lot from their ancestors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
It must have been a terrible blow to them to find that the dead child they were exhibiting wasn't really a dead child. The Horus thing is hilarious! We know from ancient writers that the ancient Egyptians loved animals and gave them dignified burials. I think Herodotus wrote about it. They even gave funerals for pet insects. People just look at everything in the past and think "religion! worship" Too much projection of more modern times, I think. People in the past did things other than worship everything (if they did really worship everything). They loved their pets too. The modern people parade what they thought was a dead child as an object, while the ancient 'primitives' gave more dignity to animals. People could learn a lot from their ancestors.
Well said Ben. I agree